JL Audio 500/1 broken?

Participant count
  • Participant list

nyoc
10+ year member

Hello all, I have a JL Audio 500/1 and the power light comes on but I get no sound. I have opened it and everything looks good. Just wondering if anyone had some insight on this. Thanks

JL%20Audio%201.jpg

JL%20Audio%202.jpg

JL%20Audio%203.jpg

JL%20Audio%204.jpg

JL%20Audio%205.jpg

JL%20Audio%206.jpg

JL%20Audio%207.jpg

JL%20Audio%208.jpg

JL%20Audio%209.jpg

JL%20Audio%209a.jpg

Pic #4 doesnt look healthy on that Board burnt area..You may have take it out and check backside to view it better to see if that portion of the board is trashed

Yea Q603&604 look burnt or is it just dirt?
That too..Those are from heat/burning/explosion issues.that rail near also..Im looking at the bottom Right corner where there is a burnt hole in the board..lol..Might take those Rings off those Mosfets and check all them to see if any are damaged/not attatched to the board also

Im not a repair guy but..I think most of the time its Caps, Mosfets,or power supply issue..That burnt mark could be that Mosfet from above..but Im seeing a burn hole in the board..At least thats what it looks like,and if so, you may have to pull that board to check the backside of it to access the damage of the board.Ive never really went into detail on repairing any amps,other than the above stated, and have been lucky/easily repaired

Thanks all! I apologize for the delay but our apartment got flooded. Amp wasn't hurt but I won't have a chance to look at it, we are in a motel. I will respond when I do if anyone cares. Thanks again and yes boomintahoe, I wanted to make sure everyone saw it. LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.