Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Slammed
5,000+ posts

Striking Accord
Here are the specs:

12W6v1

Type R

They are both going to be playing in a 1.8 cu ft vented enclosure tuned to 30 hz.

-The 12W6v1 will be getting 300 watts RMS

-The Type R will be getting 400 watts RMS

Im looking for the most efficient sub. Low bass with authority. Which sub would work best for me with my enclosure?

Mods...if you want, delete the thread in the general discussion forum.

JL recommends a 2.25 cu ft vented box for the W6

Alpine recommends a 1.7 cu ft vented box for the Type R

I dont know if I should trust WinISD numbers

JL recommends a 2.25 cu ft vented box for the W6
Alpine recommends a 1.7 cu ft vented box for the Type R

I dont know if I should trust WinISD numbers
Where did you get this? JL recommends a 1.5 cu ft. ported enclosure for the 12W6.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/7876.pdf

Alpine R will sound very, very good and may give you more SPL than the W6. Don't know how much more, though. May be minimal, may be noticable.

W6 will sound better.

I have a 13W6 on a 500/1 and sounds phenominal and pounds pretty fierce.

Also why the difference in Power level. Feed them both 400W

Alpine R will sound very, very good and may give you more SPL than the W6.
Umm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I do however agree that the W6 will sound better, and with only 300 watts I believe the W6 will actually get louder as it is a more efficient woofer.

Umm :confused:.
I believe it is. It's not on the level of the W6, but it's still a good sounding sub IMO.

For the record I also reccomend the W6. In well built ported enclosure, fed enough power it can get pretty loud, depending on what loud is to you.

And BringDaBoom, the reason he doesn't feed both 400 is because the R is dual 4 giving him a 2 ohm load and the W6 is a dual 6 giving him a 3 ohm load.. he can't control that, the w6v1's only came in d6, so he's stuck with it...

And BringDaBoom, the reason he doesn't feed both 400 is because the R is dual 4 giving him a 2 ohm load and the W6 is a dual 6 giving him a 3 ohm load.. he can't control that, the w6v1's only came in d6, so he's stuck with it...
I didnt even catch that it was a v1.....

I didnt even catch that it was a v1.....
x2, my bad. I thought he was refering to a v2, hence the confusion on the power. Sorry about that.

I agree with Kold Killa, it's still a bad a$$ sub. Kow some people still pounding them and they sound good as hell with plenty of boom.

ha jl w6 against alpine type R ! ! what an easy choice

jl sounds better and is i bet louder comparing 12 to 12

say u run a w6 and type R ported on a jl 500/1

the jl would smash the type R, be louder and sound way better,

the jl from experience has more excursion also

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...