JL amps Vs JBL amps (tough decision)

drasik
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
T.O.
OKay I finally purchased my sub a L7 12 inch Solo Baric. Now comes the hard part I have narrowed my selection down to two amps. JL audio 500/1 and the JBL 1200.1. Now I'm asking this forum for their opinion.

My criteria:

1.Power first and then SQ, I wannna try and get the most ammount of SPL out of this one sub, which would be better.

2.I'm the type of guy that usually buys the same amps so meaning that if I by the JBL 1200.1 I ave to buy a matching amp for my highs. So which amp would be better for highs the JBL's or JL's??? I need 2 make a decision soon.

P.S.Also a 1farad cap should be good for this application, I wouldn't need anything bigger??

Those two amps are in two totally different classes, so to speak. One is 500w and one is 1200w, so how are these your two choices? Just go JBL, they also have great prices on their amps for their highs. I am a JL amp fan though, so I wouldn't cry about getting one of those amps either. It comes down to money, cause their both great choices.

Originally posted by wesleysh Those two amps are in two totally different classes, so to speak. One is 500w and one is 1200w, so how are these your two choices? Just go JBL, they also have great prices on their amps for their highs. I am a JL amp fan though, so I wouldn't cry about getting one of those amps either. It comes down to money, cause their both great choices.
i think they are in the same class here, because the jl amps deliver 500W from 1-4 ohm loads, and the jbl does roughly 600w at 4 ohm loads. i think he is looking into the 4 ohm load power, so now you can see they are pretty close to the same power. if i was you i would go for the cheapest one because u cant really hear the difference between 600 and 500 watts,

anytime

Well is the sub D4 or D2?? If its D2 then yeah either will work and actually the JL will be better if running at 4ohms. If D4 then you will most likly run at 2ohm in which case the JBL will have that covered better than the JL.

Me being the power hungry fool that I am //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. I would go with the JBL. Regardless of the impedence of the coils. Be it dual 4 or dual 2. You would get more power out of the jbl.

And there is always the price consideration. big time difference between the price of Jbl and JL. But if money isn't a problem....... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

jl is sq the other is just power quality both are good features jl......if you are gonna port it dont get a jbl unless you are gonn get a subsonic filter

Those 2 amp are very diff the one has lots of control over bass JL and the other one if more free bass jbl if u know what I mean more distortion maybe its just what I think but just to let u know!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.