JL Amp question

What enclosure do you plan on placing them in? I ask because a well built enclosure custom tuned to the vehicle it is going in will sound much better off of lower power than an improperly built enclosure with all the power you can throw at your subwoofer!

With that said, a JL Audio 1000/1 will be more than adequate for a pair of TW5s. Don't let the haters on this forum get to you with their mumbo jumbo about JL Audio being overpriced, or you can get better for less. They are just jealous because they can't afford it OR mommy and daddy will only buy them Hifonics!

What enclosure do you plan on placing them in? I ask because a well built enclosure custom tuned to the vehicle it is going in will sound much better off of lower power than an improperly built enclosure with all the power you can throw at your subwoofer!
With that said, a JL Audio 1000/1 will be more than adequate for a pair of TW5s. Don't let the haters on this forum get to you with their mumbo jumbo about JL Audio being overpriced, or you can get better for less. They are just jealous because they can't afford it OR mommy and daddy will only buy them Hifonics!
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I'm going to do a custom fiberglass enclosure. My plan is to have both subs in the middle on each side and than do a custom clear plexiglass JL Logo large in the middle that will light up blue. I'll try to come up with a good picture. Than the Amps will be built into the enclosure above all that.

I'm going to do a custom fiberglass enclosure. My plan is to have both subs in the middle on each side and than do a custom clear plexiglass JL Logo large in the middle that will light up blue. I'll try to come up with a good picture. Than the Amps will be built into the enclosure above all that.
If you are going sealed, that is way more forgiving.... If you are doing ported fiberglass, may the force be with you;)

I know it isn't that bad to port a fiberglass enclosure, but I like to have an idea of how much volume I have BEFORE I complete the fiberglass enclosure, not afterward when I have to measure the enclosure with water.

It will be sealed. I'll have around a 1 foot total for each side. JL recommends .08ft but after driver displacement it should be good.

That should work out OK. Also, if you think it is too big, you could always stuff a piece of shrink wrapped Styrofoam in the enclosure to take up some space!

Also I'll run a set of JL Components to the kick pannel area and some midbass subs in the door. Than I'll run both of those on separate JL 450s? Than Just line all 3 amps up in the enclosure where I can have access to them if needed. Here's what I have now:

bd.jpg

Plan on the new system to be 20x better. My current set-up for some practice of making boxes and wiring everything. Sounds pretty good for what I paid, but need something to dress up the interior more. The back carpet panel will be removed to give me an added inch or so to work with. Plus the Viper seats that are awaiting install will wrap it up pretty sweet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.