hey im looking

at the jl 500.1 or a 1300 hcx amp

im getting an audiobahn alum12

rms of 1200

it can be wired down to 1 ohm

1300 hcx amp

1200 rms at 1 ohm

and has a remote nob to turn volume up or down

the jl amp only goes down to 1.5 ohm is this ok?

and is only a 500 rms constant from 12-14 volts

which amp will be better

nope, im sorry but the sub cant be wired to 1 ohm, it is 6 ohm DVC and youll get the minimum of 3. now If you were to actually have a 1 ohm load i d say go wqith the audiobahn, but at 3 oyhms the A1300HCX will only put out around 450 watts. the JL does over 500 from a load of 1.5-4, so in this case you gotta go with JL for power, I like the looks of the bahn more though, also, the cheapest ive seen the JL for is about 175 more than the bahn.

So it is really up to you, either one will get the job done, but i personally like spending less and having something nice loking also. (with comparable power also)

ok thanks for the help about the amp but i still have a few questions

i want an 12" sq sub with little bit of spl

ive asked around and herd that the audiobahn alum12x is what i want? i was choosing between that the polk momo, jl w3, or infinity perfect

whats your opinion on the subs?

and so audiobahn over rates there subs? what would be a good rms to have to go to one rated at 1200

would the amp putting out 1200 rms at 1 ohm be to much?

would it better to go down to like 600 at 2 ohm?

i still havent bought the amp yet so im still looking around if u have and sujestions but i think my mom allready bought the sub for me for xmas, even though i do have the option of returning it

here is the system im running right now

front

6.5 infinity kapa comonents - running off of alpine 307 v12 amp at about 80x2 rms at 4 ohm

-pait of audio controll eq controlling the components

6.5 coxial jbl

rear

6x9 jbl

8 guage wire in now, have another amp kit going to add 4 guage (so i think i will have 8 guage going to alpine and 4 guage running to 1 farad digital cap then to the sub amp) does that souind good?

all running off of blaupunt munchen HU

thank you so much for any help u can do

-=-eric-=-

Hey I dont know what to tell you man but tell me which sub and amp combo you choose and how it works out because I am shopping around too!

i personally have had 2 audiobahn alum12x (got stollen) and a audiobahn amp which pushed out 1200 watts rms, i had em in a 1cu foot box and they pounded, the 1 thing that i didnt like about the subs is occasionally they would go subsonic(couldnt hear em) which was cool but also ****** (mabey i got bad hearing) but as in my experiance if u get audiobahn get an alarm they look nice

well if u want sq get rid of audiobahn all together. for about 125 u can get a Adire Shiva. for about 210 u can get a Momo and fer bout 145 u can get a Perfect. and ANY of these subs are better than audiobahn

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.