hey im looking

at the jl 500.1 or a 1300 hcx amp

im getting an audiobahn alum12

rms of 1200

it can be wired down to 1 ohm

1300 hcx amp

1200 rms at 1 ohm

and has a remote nob to turn volume up or down

the jl amp only goes down to 1.5 ohm is this ok?

and is only a 500 rms constant from 12-14 volts

which amp will be better

Based solely on quality of equipment and allowance for future system expansion. The JL Amp is the better choice.

This is Audiobahn that you are trying to compare to JL Audio; Audiobahn hasnt really earned that right yet. As long as there is chrome, there will be audiobahn, when they ditch the chrome and make some significant improvemnets on thier circuitry then mabey.

As for now, they really do not belong in the same sentence.

Take it easy,

-zane

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: zane ]

ok thanks for the help about the amp but i still have a few questions

i want an 12" sq sub with little bit of spl

ive asked around and herd that the audiobahn alum12x is what i want? i was choosing between that the polk momo, jl w3, or infinity perfect

whats your opinion on the subs?

and so audiobahn over rates there subs? what would be a good rms to have to go to one rated at 1200

would the amp putting out 1200 rms at 1 ohm be to much?

would it better to go down to like 600 at 2 ohm?

i still havent bought the amp yet so im still looking around if u have and sujestions but i think my mom allready bought the sub for me for xmas, even though i do have the option of returning it

here is the system im running right now

front

6.5 infinity kapa comonents - running off of alpine 307 v12 amp at about 80x2 rms at 4 ohm

-pait of audio controll eq controlling the components

6.5 coxial jbl

rear

6x9 jbl

8 guage wire in now, have another amp kit going to add 4 guage (so i think i will have 8 guage going to alpine and 4 guage running to 1 farad digital cap then to the sub amp) does that souind good?

all running off of blaupunt munchen HU

thank you so much for any help u can do

-=-eric-=-v

I would suggest checking out the MTX class D amps, I have listened to the 6500d(775watts rms at 14.4volts into a 2ohm load) and the 81000d(1500watts rms at 14.4volts into a 2ohm load) both amps sounded rich and powerfull to me. The JL 500 is a nice clean amp but it lacks power(500watts rms at 12 to 14volts into a 4 to 1.5ohm load, because of its regulated power supply)

Another amp to look at is the JBL 1200.1 it has a regulated power supply and puts out 600watts rms at 12 to 14volts into a 4 ohm load and 1200watts rms at 12 to 14volts into a 2 or 1ohm load.

I hope this helps out a bit.

Just so you know the guy who said the JL 500/1 has to be at 2 ohms to get 500 watts is wrong. That amp will produce minimum 500 watts anywhere between 1.5 and 4 ohms

GREAT AMP I HAVE ONE MYSELF:D

YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH JL AUDIO. IF QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THEN JL IS THE WAY.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

the audiobahn amp you r looking at is for COMP ONLY!!!!

the HC in 1300hc stands for high current, with means you well need a 200-250 amp alt just to run it without blowing it up. i know this from experiance. i tryed to hook up the 2400hcx amp to my car and frided 7 days after install. i gat a A18001dq amp now wich is a class d 1800 w rms at 1 ohm. but that amp YOU MUST HAVE THE CAR RUNNING or els it too, will fry!!! als you need a 1 farad cap to run it at 4 ohm and 2 to run it at 2 ohm. audiobahn amps TAKE UP LOTS OF ENERGY TO RUN but i think it is worth it to see the faces of everyone around who dis audiobahn. they all think the kick SB is the way to go!! LOL its up to you really though.

i dont know any thing about the other amp cept its not as loud as mine is!!!

and i think i do have better SQ the the jl amp too. the SQ only gose away when i turn it up. but when i hittin the same SPL as the jl, i have better sq.

Originally posted by zane Based solely on quality of equipment and allowance for future system expansion. The JL Amp is the better choice.

This is Audiobahn that you are trying to compare to JL Audio; Audiobahn hasnt really earned that right yet. As long as there is chrome, there will be audiobahn, when they ditch the chrome and make some significant improvemnets on thier circuitry then mabey.

As for now, they really do not belong in the same sentence.

Take it easy,

-zane

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: zane ]

LOL My a$$ audiobahn has not earned there place $hit whatever man... lol

Originally posted by G-WIL YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH JL AUDIO. IF QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THEN JL IS THE WAY.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Sure you can you spend to much money with bahns do it much better for lower prices.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.