JL 13w7 - Sealed Box

Based on the staggering number of responses over the last 9 days, I'll rest my case.
While I agree with your over all point, I can name one sub that outclasses it in sealed displacement potential, by alot. RE XXX, obviously. But yes, its amazing how well the W7 still compares to its competing speakers, so many years after it was developed and released to the market. It still out classes almost all the modern speakers designed and made to compete with it years after its own debut.

i thought the same thing...until i heard IDMAX. the jl seemed to have more spl, but the IDMAX plays at low volumes so much more effortlessly, like it doesn't need to gobs of power to work well.
hahaha i like how, on another w7 thread, u said the same thing. hahaha =p

While I agree with your over all point, I can name one sub that outclasses it in sealed displacement potential, by alot. RE XXX, obviously.
The XXX has more displacement potential but it still doesn't have the extremely low measure distortion. It also costs MORE last time I checked. The LMS is the only driver I can think of that can maintain a really low distortion level at very high output level and it wasn't what I would call affordable either.

The XXX has more displacement potential but it still doesn't have the extremely low measure distortion. It also costs MORE last time I checked. The LMS is the only driver I can think of that can maintain a really low distortion level at very high output level and it wasn't what I would call affordable either.
So far as I know the new XXX is BL optimized (split gap, dual gap, w/e). Therefor it will exhibit the extremely low distortion output levels the W7 also boasts. There are also many subs that boast nearly the same abilities these days. Not many surpass, quite a few compare however.
You did not ask for a sub in its class that cost less, you asked to name another sub in its class. The LMS surpasses it, the new xxx surpasses it, the old xxx and several others certainly compare to it closely. *shrug* Its still an impressive sub after all these years, I mean that was my original point here, but it is by no means in a class of its own these days.

hahaha i like how, on another w7 thread, u said the same thing. hahaha =p
if you're referring to the thread that was comparing the IDMAX, W7 and Fi Q, then i obviously would compare the two subs and say which one i thought sounded better. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.