JL 12W3v2-D4.. volume for SQL?

Bill T.
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Wyoming
JL recommends 1.75 @ 30.3Hz. The port has less than 20 sq/in of port area.

What do ya'll recommend for volume and port area? Ive whipped up a WINisd calculation of 2.5 cu/ft @ 35Hz, 25 sq/in of port area, and came out with a 4.1db gain.

Im also on the brink of making an ABC box for it.

bill T.

GSteg
10+ year member

Custom User Title
whee!!
I wouldn't relay too heavily on WinISD.

With that being said, i would recommend ~2.0 cubes tuned to 32hz for a good mix of SPL and SQ. port area should be around 25 sq/in.

lol.

Winisd assumes the world is perfect. Try putting in 100g for the added mass on the cone. you can see a huge spike down low, but are you going to get that gain? nope. Win ISD doesn't know when the suspension can handle the extra mass or not, or when heavy power compression arrives, or any of that good stuff. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

of course you can always build many boxes and toy around with them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.