JL 1000/1 VS. Alpine PDX 1.1000

Being able to do 1,000 watts rms on 11 volts and @ 4ohms is what I call efficiency.

Show me another amp that can do that without being rated @ 2,000 rms...

well from my experience with the 1000/1, it is very inefficient. That's why my cousin had to sell his jl. He was getting mad voltage drops where his sub would cut out. When he swapped in a sound magus 1500 rms amp, it did not cut out anymore.. It was a class D amp also. In my opinion it's pretty inefficient.

Hi there, Im currently runnning a JL audio 1000/1, its got all the power I want, but the only downside is that its very large and id doesnt fit right in my truck and I may benefit from a smaller footprint amp like the alpine.
Do you guys think its worth it to change from the JL to the Alpine?

Ive read reviews that state the alpine runs very hot and well my JL audio also runs hot, that it need alot of current which my JL does too.

What would the pros and cons be of making the change besides the footprint on the amp?

THX in advance
I've had time with both and I find the JL to be a better sounding amp, more control with a cleaner tighter bass.

If you just need volume smaller size and cooler running? the Alpine would work nice.

JL = SQ

Alpine = SPL

Both sound good and play loud.

Hi there, Im currently runnning a JL audio 1000/1, its got all the power I want, but the only downside is that its very large and id doesnt fit right in my truck and I may benefit from a smaller footprint amp like the alpine.
Do you guys think its worth it to change from the JL to the Alpine?

Ive read reviews that state the alpine runs very hot and well my JL audio also runs hot, that it need alot of current which my JL does too.

What would the pros and cons be of making the change besides the footprint on the amp?

THX in advance
I don't know what you term" hot" but JL's slash amps are rated as one of the most thermally efficient in the market. I've owned them for 5+ years and never had more than warm to the touch after hours of playing.

Both are great amps. The main difference between the two if I'm not mistaken (besides the footprint) is the regulated power. No matter the volts or normal ohm load , the JL will put out 1000.

Not sure if the PDX is regulated. If it is, then it's just a matter of preference.

amps with regulated power supplies are inherently less efficient than non-regulated ones. as voltage drops, the regulated power supply increases current demand, which is required to maintain wattage. there are good and bad to each design, and what's better depends on your needs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.