JL 10 w6v3 vs fi audio SSD 10?

Belialz

I've been out of the car audio game for a long time so please excuse my ignorance. Currently I have a 2008 G37 coupe. We all know how small those trunks are and I'm very limited on what I can use in that area. I found a company in New Hampshire that builds custom sub enclosures that mold to the front of the trunck on the passenger side and it accommodates to a 10 inch subwoofers at .75 cubic feet. I've narrowed my options down to a JL Audio w6v3 and an fi audio SSD with the added features of cooling, higher xmaxx voice coil, and tensil leads. I listen to mostly metal but every now and then I'll listen to rap or dubstep. I know I can't make a miracle out of this trunk but I'd like to know if the fi audio will outperform that W6. The company that is building this custom enclosure is offering a really good deal on the W6 but I'm not going to lie I've always hated JL Audio my whole entire life for really no reason. I'm willing to wait the extra 10 to 15 days for the SSD subwoofers if it will do better for my application. My amp is rated at 1500 watts at 1 ohm

Lean towards the W6 if you care about pure SQ first and foremost. If not, the SSD will sound very nice and have an advantage in almost every other category.

Lean towards the W6 if you care about pure SQ first and foremost. If not, the SSD will sound very nice and have an advantage in almost every other category.
If I can get you to not pick which one is the W6 vs the SSD would you give me a free ICON?

i hate jl too. i suggest u go with those instincts here.. other subs out there but that ssd is a really nice one (i almost bought the alpha but didn't think it would handle my amp that great, small single spider, wish i could afford the ssd)

i hate jl too. i suggest u go with those instincts here.. other subs out there but that ssd is a really nice one (i almost bought the alpha but didn't think it would handle my amp that great, small single spider, wish i could afford the ssd)
I've owned fi audio in the past the Q series and it was hard to go the JL Audio route even though I could have gotten a really good deal . I wish I could fit some 12's back here but this trunk is so **** small. I really hope I'm not disappointed running one 10 inch sub in a trunk sealed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.