Jensen, Profile, Kenwood, etc...

Participant count
  • Participant list

JonBoy
10+ year member

Jensen and Profile amps seem really inexpensive but are they worth a ****? I will most likely be running two 12" RF he subs in a sealed box. The subs are rated at 200 watts rms, so a 250x2 RF amp should be good enough, but what about getting a more powerful, less expensive amp? Any of these CHEAPER brands worth a ****. I have actually heard some decent things about Jensen. I want my RF subs to play nicely, but I also want them to last, so I will not be overpowering them.

Any suggestions on a amp brand or model to run the RF's is appreciated.

If you are looking for durability I would suggest investing in a good reputable amp instead of settling for an entry brand. There are a few companys that make ok amps at a reasonable price such as Profile, Jensen, and Sony but i would go with the Rockford myself. You won't have to worry about it overheating and conking out on you as much as if you had a mediocre brand. But, if you are set on getting an entry level type amp with a little more power, get a Sony. They won't break the bank and are ok when they aren't overworked.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

i would recomend the profile amps....i have heard nothing but good things about them for the price they are....i have previously owned a jensen 400w amp and i believe it put out 150w x 2 and it worked pretty well....wasnt the cleanest sound but for what i payed for it i cant complain....good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.