Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Participant count
  • Participant list

Icecube91

Senior VIP Member
Just purchased a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara High Altitude with the Alpine factory system and looking to do a upgrade on the whole system. For the front stage I'm going to run a JL audio VXI 600/6 with focal flax components running active in the fronts and then get some focal flax or access series coaxials in the rear for fill.

Sub stage I'm looking to mounth them on each side of the trunk and wanting a nice sound quality but can still get loud. Looking at the following below and want some advise on which directions to go.

2 12" JL audio TW3 in a ported box about 2ft3 (1ft3 per woofer) on 750rms

1 12" Audio Frog sealed or ported not sure yet on 750rms

1 12" Focal E 30KX sealed or ported not sure yet on 750rms

1 13" Focal 33KX in a sealed box about 1.75ft3 ( not sure if there's any specs on ported) on 400-600rms
https://www.focal-america.com/product/33-kx/

Need a little more info
What amp are you using to run the subs or is it a different one depending on the setup.
Are you doing the work yourself or having it done? I'm referring to the box
If so, where?
I'm from the lower mainland too.

Most of the equipment you mentioned is $$$$
You can get way better stuff for cheaper but with the equipment you mentioned I think I know where you're going

Need a little more info
What amp are you using to run the subs or is it a different one depending on the setup.
Are you doing the work yourself or having it done? I'm referring to the box
If so, where?
I'm from the lower mainland too.

Most of the equipment you mentioned is $$$$
You can get way better stuff for cheaper but with the equipment you mentioned I think I know where you're going
Depending on the setup. Most likely a JL audio HD 750 since I already own it. No I'll have sounds good stereo install it.

Forgot to also mention maybe 2 8" sundown SA or X series

I figured that's where you going
The AudioFrog gave it away
Say hi to Keith
Now your talking
I was going to suggest going with 8's
The 2 8" is definitely the way I would go
Ported, with 8's even a ported box doesn't take up that much space
Clean sounding with nice bass

I figured that's where you going
The AudioFrog gave it away
Say hi to Keith
Now your talking
I was going to suggest going with 8's
The 2 8" is definitely the way I would go
Ported, with 8's even a ported box doesn't take up that much space
Clean sounding with nice bass

I wanted to put a sub on each side like how the factory Alpine sub is. What 8s would you go with? was thinking Sundown SAs.Do you have any experience withe the 2 focal woofers. One focal is a older model but is a 13" and 400rms and the other is a 12" on 800rms. I'm sure those woofer are oriented towards SQ. Any idea on how the JL TW3 and Audio frog would sound? Have never heard them. I have a JL W7 in a sealed box and that's the sound I'm trying to achieve but maybe louder but still hold the sound quality

My favorite are the Digital Designs 8"
The 608's are great subs IMO
It's funny I got all my DD stuff from sounds good back when they used to sell it but they stopped selling it right around the time that Mike left.
The DD stuff is expensive and hard to get so...
That being said the Sundowns are great too
You can't really go wrong with those
Soundqubed was started by the son of the guy at DD and most of the products share a lot in common with the DD stuff but it much cheaper
https://soundqubed.com/product/hds2-2-series-600w-subwoofer/
The thing you have to remember is your amp is only good to 1.5 ohms so you have to get dual 2 ohm and wire them series/parallel (voice coil in series, speaker parallel) for a 2 ohm load or I guess you could get the dual 4's and wire them the same for a 4ohm load but I always like to go as low as I can but that's just me.
As for the Focal's
I'm not really a fan, they have some great front end stuff but I don't like the subs and they are a bit overpriced
I have yet to hear the Audio frog so I can't comment
The JL's are slimline and I stay as far away from the slim subs as I can get
Your best bet are the Sundowns IMO

My favorite are the Digital Designs 8"
The 608's are great subs IMO
It's funny I got all my DD stuff from sounds good back when they used to sell it but they stopped selling it right around the time that Mike left.
The DD stuff is expensive and hard to get so...
That being said the Sundowns are great too
You can't really go wrong with those
Soundqubed was started by the son of the guy at DD and most of the products share a lot in common with the DD stuff but it much cheaper
https://soundqubed.com/product/hds2-2-series-600w-subwoofer/
The thing you have to remember is your amp is only good to 1.5 ohms so you have to get dual 2 ohm and wire them series/parallel (voice coil in series, speaker parallel) for a 2 ohm load or I guess you could get the dual 4's and wire them the same for a 4ohm load but I always like to go as low as I can but that's just me.
As for the Focal's
I'm not really a fan, they have some great front end stuff but I don't like the subs and they are a bit overpriced
I have yet to hear the Audio frog so I can't comment
The JL's are slimline and I stay as far away from the slim subs as I can get
Your best bet are the Sundowns IMO

I'm kind of leaning towards doing 2 10" or 12" JL audio tw3 or doing a single focal 13" or 12". I feel if I go 8s I won't get the output I want out of them. Gotta remember come area is king

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...