Jeep Infinity Gold Pack

Participant count
  • Participant list

KidThump
10+ year member

V.I.P
Georgia
Hey guys, i'm in the process of getting a new headunit to replace my stock one so i can run my R's......

Quick question, has anyone had experience with the infinity amp package the 99-04 jeeps come with?

How did you hook up your stuff?

My plan was to replace the headunit and re-wire all of the speakers to the new headunit and completely bypass the factory amp.....Would this be your plan as well?

Need opinions.....Thanks.

I have an 01 with the Infinity gold nonsense. You really dont have a choice, you will need to bypass the stock amp. I forgot about it at first and nothing worked right. You have to find the wiring diagram and bypass it.

I planned on rewiring all the stock speakers to the headunit, should the stock speakers sound 'okay' on my headunit .....I will eventually get new speakers and probably amp them.

They will sound fine I'm guessing.

Before I bypassed the amp i was getting sound in the rear speakers from a cd and nothing from the radio. Really strange.

Sounds like mine did. U need to bypass amp. You will actually need to cut the + wire in and the + wire out and so on, and solder them together

I had a Grand Cherokee Limited with the Infinity package. I took out all the factory stuff when I started to build. Never got beyond removing the amp & speakers, because I totaled the vehicle...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.