Jeep enclosure build Literally

cherryman
10+ year member

Since I closed my Sub forum on this server I havent posted much here but this remains my favorite audio forum. I have been slammed with builds one after another and I encourage you to visit my website and you tube channel to see the more technical builds. Reason that brings me here today is not self promotion I thought I owed it to this forum to share a build thats very unique and to my knowledge has never been attempted. I was asked if it was possible to make the entire front end of a jeep to hold a 15" forte sub. Im only about 8 hours in to the actual fabrication so far(way more in autocad) so not alot to show you yet but it is taking shape. The headlights will be 6.5 midranges the blinkers asre bullet tweeters and the fog lights will be lights. The winch area holds the amp and the bumper is separated from the main enclosure to isolated and minimize vibration. the fenders are not done yet but should tie the rest of the look together. The hood spoiler will be probably the hardest part to fabricate.

Its going in the back of the his Jeep. He sent a couple different angles of the front end I provided one in the thread starter. I was also provided with the paint codes to exactly match the colors. we are debating painting the hooks blue to match or silver to mimic chrome.

Its going in the back of the his Jeep. He sent a couple different angles of the front end I provided one in the thread starter. I was also provided with the paint codes to exactly match the colors. we are debating painting the hooks blue to match or silver to mimic chrome.
Im impressed by the hooks shape and the grating. Talk about fine detail

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Thanks the little details will continue to accumulate like the number circles in the driving lights drawing the eye everywhere. There is no diamond plate on his jeep I just thought the extra texture would add more realism. Unfortunately some characteristics cant be duplicated without subtracting from the needed net volume so trade offs were made. The two ports exit out under the fenders just like hot rod exhaust they will have to be turned up to avoid the backseat obstructing airflow. Its important to keep all the fabrication MDF based to sell the over the top factor. Making the headlight spoiler concerns me the most still not sure how to it. The finished video of the entire process will shed more info on this build. I might layer stack and contour sand like the dodge box I made 2yrs ago(

).

Ive had a chance to get the fenders,ports,lenses and 6.5 midrange baffles. I also spent time recreating the fender gaps and body panel gaps which was really rewarding when usually gaps are bad in the enclosures. The bottom bumper which slides out to mount/wire the amp and isolate the amp from vibration. I wanted to make the bumper roundness and curve back to the fog lights closer to the picture but the bumper had to be offset further out to make the amp mount correctly. I expect the black paint to maybe alter the depth perception in that area. The width of the jeep stops the fenders from being wider another trade off the get the volume needed for the sub.

Bumper painted fake fog lights installed and headlight spoiler fabricated. Decided to build it in sections and build up layers. Then I needed to hand sculpt sand to the final look.

Here's the finished box video soon will explain the entire process keep in mind the windshield is only for car shows and will be removed most of the time. The bumper and enclosure are two different pieces to minimize vibration. Bumper lights are on one channel and enclosure lights are on a second channel wih a keychain remote.

That just blows my mind how good that is. Simply amazing. Esp the grated/black part. Looks real.

Nice work indeed. Would like to see this published in magazine or something. (take that pimp my ride, lol)

I see you got a CNC router in the background. I'm a CNC machinist myself. Just completed my sub enclosure in my avatar last week.

Thanks Boomin Ill get this video posted soon on my youtube channel. Heres another interesting build just completed a true stealth box.

Slick. Very slick. Who would've thought that!!

I remember before the internet stated, I heard read an article about some guy tuning his coffee table as a HT sub enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.