JDM Honda with glass panels and Sundown bottom end

Those doors came out awesome.

Newb question,but how do the subs add anything for the listeners,firing into the trunk? All I would hear is the ports coming through the package tray?

Those doors came out awesome.Newb question,but how do the subs add anything for the listeners,firing into the trunk? All I would hear is the ports coming through the package tray?
you don't hear the ports, you hear the same thing you would that you do if the driver was facing you, it is just the sound wave off the back of the sub. But there is also some of the front wave making its way to the front of the car. I am in hopes of putting it on the meter this week. I expect a decent number considering it is a looker and daily driver, not an all out comp vehicle with a fart box

i have a ******* questhave neverion, but i fiberglasssesd so, how do you get the finished panel to stay on the door?
its screwed to the panel through the speaker holes.

Looks phenominal
In this instance they are screwed from the door panel to the pod, that way the panel tightens up to the door better. I did learn on this build that I will glass some pan head bolts into the pod next time and then bolt the pod to the door, making it real tight.

and thanks alot for the props, much appreciated

In this instance they are screwed from the door panel to the pod, that way the panel tightens up to the door better. I did learn on this build that I will glass some pan head bolts into the pod next time and then bolt the pod to the door, making it real tight.
wouldnt the outside of the panel vibrate from not being screwed into anything? almost like flapping from the midbass. i love learning about fiberglass stuff as i wanna try it this summer lol

wouldnt the outside of the panel vibrate from not being screwed into anything? almost like flapping from the midbass. i love learning about fiberglass stuff as i wanna try it this summer lol

the drivers are secured to the pod is secured to the panel and the panel is secured to the door, so there is no part that is unsecured, infact if you are not careful and you warp the glass while laying it up you will have a hell of a time getting the panel on once the pod is secured to the panel because the pod is so rigid from having so many different planes/curves.

I hope that helps

the drivers are secured to the pod is secured to the panel and the panel is secured to the door, so there is no part that is unsecured, infact if you are not careful and you warp the glass while laying it up you will have a hell of a time getting the panel on once the pod is secured to the panel because the pod is so rigid from having so many different planes/curves.
I hope that helps
okat i get it now lol. i just thought you screwed it in and called it a day. like with one layer in like 3 spots haha.

Is there a divider to separate the airspace between the mids and midbass? Did you vent into the door? What is the airspace the dual midbass drive see? How many layers of glass did you use on the doors?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.