JBL w12Gti MkII

groundpound4200
5,000+ posts

Da fuq did I just read?
Mankato, MN
Item(s) for Sale:

1 12" JBL w12GTi

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Few Cosmetic flaws. One is on the basket (in pics) but does not effect structural integrity. Other is the chrome flaking off the dust cap. Throw it in a 4th order or put a grill on it and you'll never know the difference. The backside of the woofer is in great shape so inverting it will do the trick too!

Description12" Differential Drive® (U.S. patent no. 5,748,760 and other patents pending) Design Subwoofer

Series: GTi

Power handling: RMS 700W Power handling, peak 4000W

Frequency Response: 18Hz ~ 1kHz

Sensitivity: 91dB

Impedance: 3 or 12 ohms

Cone: Kevlar®-impregnated-paper woofer cone

Coil: Dual 6-ohm voice coils

Differential Drive Design (DDD) motor:Yes

Die-cast vented basket: Yes

Mounting Depth10-1/4"

Price:

$200 shipped OBO.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

shipping included

Item Pictures:

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is the peak 4000w and the rms 700w? Never really undrestood that...
How much power can these really take?
My guess would be it's 700 if you're a total arsehole and have no idea what you're doing, 1200 continuous provided you're not playing free-air, 4000 burps if you know what you're doing.

JBL's differential drive motor system acts as a magnetic brake as the coil leaves the gap approaching xmax. These things are about impossible to bottom out and can take alot of power on burps. JBL wasnt' joking, they use a 3 or 5 second burst using two big crown amps bridged, and even running them full bore (which is 4k), they couldnt' cause damage to the speaker...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.