JBL W12GTi MkII (Amplifier Suggestions)

I would buy this:

JBL BPX500 1 Power Series Monoblock Car Audio Amplifier | eBay

Incredibly flexible amp, and does very similar power from 1-4 ohms. Stout little bastard too, yet very efficient. I have run this exact combo (except with a 15" GTi) and it was a perfect match. Plus, this one is refurb'd from Harman and half your budget. You could probably buy more power for the same money, but that Crown amp is about as high quality as they come. I've owned all 3 of them.

It is a dual 6 ohm sub, so it has two voice coils each having a resistance of 6 ohms. You'll wire the sub in parallel for a final 3 ohm load. Because of this, a monoblock is going to be your best option because most multi-channel amps (excluding the JBL/Crown I posted the link to) are only going to be stable at 4 ohms bridged. For all intents and purposes, the JBL BPX amplifiers are mono amps, but technically they are 2-channel amplifiers. But they aren't "normal" 2 channel amplifiers so don't think of them that way.

Wiring instructions will come with your sub, or you can google them. Basically you'll take the + from your amp terminal, run that to the + on Voice Coil 1, then use the little metal bridge that came with your sub (assuming you bought it new or it was included) and that will link the + of both coils together. You do the same thing for the - terminals. If you get confused, you can use Rockford Fosgate's Woofer Wiring Wizard.

Would this amplifier work???

JBL GTO-1001EZ

GTO1001_sq_001-1_3000x3000_300dpi_dv275x275.png

Monoblock GTO Series Class AB/D Car Amplifier

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 650 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 1000 watts x 1 chan.

Max power output: 1450 watts x 1 chan.

LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators

Variable Bass Boost (0 to +12 dB bass boost at 50 Hz)

Soft start turn-on

Gain LED indicators for proper gain adjustment

Mono channel operation

Heavy duty aluminum alloy heat-sink

Nickel-plated RCA level inputs

Nickel-plated screw terminals

Input sensitivity:

Low level: 125mV-5V

Variable low-pass filter (40-280 Hz, 24 dB/octave)

CEA-2006 compliant amplifier

Frequency response: 10-280 Hz

4 gauge power and ground wiring is required for installation. Contact us for information regarding a discount on select amplifier kits from our website when purchased together with this amplifier.

Dimensions: 14-11/16"W x 11-15/16"L x 2-5/8"H

That GTO will work too pretty well too. The sub you have is pretty underrated. I think if you're electrical is up to snuff I could see throwing 1000 or better at it.

So how would i wire that GTO amplifier to my JBL subwoofer and how much RMS will i get out of it since my subwoofer is 6 ohms?
First off both coils on a GTi HAVE TO BE CONNECTED , or you will damage the subwoofer you cannot run a gti in 6 ohm ,only 12 or 3

Either one of the jbl amps already listed will work fine with a single gti the gto1001ez or the bpx500.1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.