jbl troubleshooting

ericv02
10+ year member

I have a 1200.1 and today the red light went on and stayed on for like 5 minutes then it went back on. What could be causing it. I have it hooked up to a eclipse ti 15". i have both coils hooked up to each channel. do you think it was because of the hot weather or because i dont have a capacitor. Could be the speaker wire?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif . or do i got to wire each of the 2 channels.

It is, they just supply two ouputs because they assume that their target demographic on the average uses two subs. I think the reason it went into saftey is because it got too hot. Happens often if you run it too low of an ohm or your power connections are not sufficiant. Check your ground and power connections on both ends and try maybe moving it to a cooler position like out in the open where it can catch some air. I would also consider a fan. Good luck.

I think total cost at like Radio Shack would be around $20-25. You'll need a switch and a fan, around 4 inches. I'm assuming that you have it in a amp rack/box. If not, you can mount it on your seat or whatever, just as long as you get the air to go over it. Don't just like glue it right on top of it, that won't work.

Could not having a capacitor be the cause? the volt meter on my guage is below 1/2 way mark.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Capacitor is not why. Caps only supply better cleaner power, not keeping cool. If you're having poor voltage problems I sudgest getting your altenator looked at and rewound if needed, maybe a new one. Caps are only a temporary solution for cars with poor electrical systems.

Dude, mine does the same thing. It can't be because its too hot, it's like if my truck sits there over night I go out there in the morning and sometimes the red light is on and no output from subs, I bang on my speaker box and it usually starts working...I'm gonna pull my subs later and check the connection.

No I dont but this has never happened while playing the music loud or for a long time

it only happens in the mornings when my truck has been sitting there overnight. Its weird if you ask me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.