JBL T545 Vintage 6x9 3way

Participant count
  • Participant list

buildmeabox
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
[Item(s) for Sale:

The legendary T545 is JBL’s old-school powerhouse drop-in speaker, designed to handle incredible amounts of power and produce insane volume levels.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Brand new in factory box

Never installed only pulled out of box for pictures.

Ribbon Wire Voice Coil

Higher efficiency and greater power handling.

Die Cast Frame

Greater precision than a stamped frame for tighter manufacturing tolerances,

better performance.

Angled High Frequency Speakers

Angled to direct sound toward the listener so you hear all the music.

Polypropylene Coated Cone

Resists moisture and aging. Polyurethane/rubber surround withstands aging,

stays flexible.

Bi-amplification Option

Permits connection of separate amplifiers for woofer and tweeters, for the

ultimate in high power, low distortion installations.

Price:

$299 or obo

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Willing to split shipping. Shipping weight is almost 20 lbs

The T545's were no holds barred the best 6x9 ever manufactured in the 80's. To this day they still

have a loyal following. JBL discontinued the model in the late 80's and in the mid 90's released the T595, the latest model is the T696 but the latter was manufactured for a short period. So that being said, this set of 6x9's here is ultra rare.

Check out the date stamped on the basket of the second to last pic. How many of you weren't

born yet? Am I to old for this shiite?

Specifications:

# Power Handling: 100 watts (continuous program)

# Sensitivity: 92dB (1 watt/1meter)

# Frequency Response: 40Hz – 18,000Hz (+/-3dB)

# Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm

# Magnetic Structure Weight: 4 lbs

# Mounting Depth: 3-5/16”

# Mounting Cutout Diameter: Universal 6” x 9” (152mm x 229mm)

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

[/img]

Wow, those are really impressive. I'm not ragging on your price where you set it, just letting you know that 99% of those who view our classifieds aren't looking for a $300 set of 6x9's. Try DIYMA, they should sell there. I think the price is correct for a LNIB set of 3-way, BI-AMPLIFIABLE, vintage JBL speakers. I would get them if I had the money!

GLWS!

I'm not interested in selling I just wanted to show them off and I have to post a price or risk getting my thread deleted. I'm planning on installing them in my 06 Taco but its still up in the air, I'm getting everything together.

When I first got into car audio I went from Sparkomatics to these JBL's, they were second hand. I pounded the shiite out of them until I enlisted in 88'. I bought my second pair in 94' and used them until 99' I don't remember what I did with them but know I'm the proud owner of a new set again.

If I decide to sell I will drop the price, bishes.

i had a pair of these back in the day. loved them so much i bought a pair of t545's which might be for sale soon.they don't fit my car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.