JBL P662 or Pioneer TS-D1702R or Morel Maximo 6C

Participant count
  • Participant list
I looking for some coaxials for my 2006 Chevy Silverado regular cab. They will be pushed by an Eclipse EA 2212 50x2 4 ohm 70x2 2 ohm.

I've found the JBLs and Pioneers for around $75 and the Morels $92. I don't want to spend anymore than that.

Right now the JBLs are my top choice.

I'd like to know why I'm right and why I'm wrong (in a forum it seems you are both).

Smooth highs are #1 with mid bass a close #2 . I probably will not use a sub not much room behind the seat it's slightly possible though.

100% will be using coaxials this is the work truck version no tweeter mounts in the doors and I'm not drilling or using kicks or anything else.

What's my best choice from these 3 or any others in the price range?

My only other thought is ID CTX 65 these would double my budget delaying the purchase if I'm able to save the extra money at all, that's a big IF, the money's here and ready for the others now.

ive installed lots of the pioneer tsd line of speakers and they do really well especially when you factory in the price. I would also suggest some sound deadener while you are in there those chevy doors around the speaker can be a little flimsy.

Thank you for the response I guess no one else is going to weight in.

In all the threads I've looked at pertaining to what I'm looking for the d series is highly recommended second only to deadening the doors. I think I'm going for the Pioneers and am going to try to deaden the doors. I've never done that but I've been reading up on it.

Some questions:

You said around my speakers is kind of flimsy (no doubt it's a Chevy there's a lot of flimsy things) are you referring to the inside metal panel around where the speaker mounts?

Do I need to do anything to the plastic panel?

On those speakers it says they have wave guides on the tweets, should the speakers be rotated in anyway? Seems this may help dispersion of the highs or imaging.

If I'm spending the money, any amount, I want to get the most out of it. Any other thoughts I'm open to any knowledge anyone will give me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.