jbl or hifonics for mag 15

Participant count
  • Participant list

rick22
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ne,Ohio
ive been looking at opinions for an amp for a magnum d2 15 and they have been any where from 1000 watts to 1500 watts for daily use. i was looking at hifonics bx1000d, bx1500d and jbl bp1200.1. i dont really want to go with the bx1500d because my electrical system will be stock for a while plus that does seem like a lot for the sub. so then i looked at the jbl and that seems perfect because its right in between. the 2 questions i have are is the jbl able to be wired in 1 ohm and will it still give 1200 watts. my other question is which one do you guys recomend. thanks a lot

What enclosure type will you be using??? If you go ported the JBL dosn't have a subsonic filter and without one the sub could be damaged. You can buy ssf but i have no clue about them so just ask around here about them. Other than that I would say go with the JBL. From what I understand it draws very little power for it being a large amp.

Hope this helps

Good luck...

Jon

i will be using a ported box so ill check out how much the sub sonic filters cost to make my desision. but ill most likely just go with the bx100d unless the bx1500d would be the better choice. thanks for you help

do you turn the sub sonic filter to the level that you tuned your box at. and also i see on the hifonics you can change the level of volts. do you turn that to what your head unit puts out.

you dont want it as high as you tune your box to (unless of course your box is tuned very low) tuning of a box means the sub will reproduce that freq the easiest so say you have like a 35-40hz box around 25-30hz filter would be a good choice.

this is all assuming the box is ported of course

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.