Jbl ms-8

Participant count
  • Participant list
I was told the ms-8 would not work for my car. 2015 Mustang.
Were you told why?

I have heard tell of the factory amp in the Sync systems not having proper output impedance or some shit. But a few inline resistors solves that problem rather easily and cheaply. I think someone even makes a factory integration harness with the proper values already installed (a forum goer, I mean).

[quote name='TaylorFade']@NoLoud4U;

Do you mean with the high level (speaker wire) inputs?[/QUOTE]

Yes I used high level but I don't have a factory amp.
It should be fine with the mustang. Basically the same system but if you have a amp tap in before it.

Okay I was told by the local car audio shop it wouldn't work with my car. And then on Crutchfield it said the same also. Why I'm confused.
Many car audio shops don't understand how MS-8 works and either screw it up or don't touch the thing. Crutchfield doesn't sell MS-8 at all anymore so I don't see why it would be to their benefit to tell you it works with your vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.