Recommendations for new system for 2013 Ford Fusion SE

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pmraudiodoc

Greetings!

This is my first post as I am new to these forums, as well as a car audio complete amateur. I just purchased a 2013 Ford Fusion SE that has a 6-speaker stock system in it that I wish to upgrade.

My first question, should I buy a car stereo deck or should I just replace the stock speakers?

I originally wanted the car stereo deck for Bluetooth, but the Fusion has Bluetooth already installed. I was considering purchasing the Rockford Fosgate R165X3 speakers. Amazon sells these speakers in pairs for $34 so I was going to purchase a total of 6 to replace the stock speakers, what do you think?

My second question is subwoofer recommendations for the Fusion. I was considering getting the MTX audio Terminator series, 2 12-inch subs for $150 on Amazon, any thoughts on these?

My third and final question, could you make a recommendation on what would be the best Amp to use for these subs? I'm clueless as to what size of Amp/how many watts would be a good match for these subs.

Thanks so much for your help!

Greetings!
This is my first post as I am new to these forums, as well as a car audio complete amateur. I just purchased a 2013 Ford Fusion SE that has a 6-speaker stock system in it that I wish to upgrade.

My first question, should I buy a car stereo deck or should I just replace the stock speakers?

I originally wanted the car stereo deck for Bluetooth, but the Fusion has Bluetooth already installed. I was considering purchasing the Rockford Fosgate R165X3 speakers. Amazon sells these speakers in pairs for $34 so I was going to purchase a total of 6 to replace the stock speakers, what do you think?

My second question is subwoofer recommendations for the Fusion. I was considering getting the MTX audio Terminator series, 2 12-inch subs for $150 on Amazon, any thoughts on these?

My third and final question, could you make a recommendation on what would be the best Amp to use for these subs? I'm clueless as to what size of Amp/how many watts would be a good match for these subs.

What's your budget? Let's start there.

Greetings!

welcome...the best upgrade to your factory setup since its new ...is a good quality set of tweeters wired into the front with proper placement and a 12db in line crossover the next would be your subs...you could go with the mtx setup you mentioned and add an mtx mono amp to it around 250 watts would be a perfect balence to the factory setup

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.