JBL GTO629 + JBL SUBBP12AM install?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Morgasmo

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
Hello, I have just installed 4 JBL GTO629 6.5 speakers to replace my stock Beetle speakers and also purchased a JBL SUBBP12AM for the trunk. I’m also considering the JBL Club tweeters.

I’ve ran the Boss wiring kit from the battery and I’m not sure what to do from here.

Also I have no idea if I need the 4way amp for the GTO speakers or not but I’m using an android radio head that has very little boost for sound.

Do I wire the sun by itself and reserve its amp for the 12”?

Where can I wire the smaller amp for the 6.5 GTO speakers, can I wire into the existing speaker wires to connect to the amp and then give it power, memory and ground? Or is there a way to piggyback off the sub?

Do the tweeters also need to be powered by the JBL studio amp?

What is the best way to utilize this setup?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpeg
    IMG_0549.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0548.jpeg
    IMG_0548.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0542.jpeg
    IMG_0542.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0546.jpeg
    IMG_0546.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0547.jpeg
    IMG_0547.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0545.jpeg
    IMG_0545.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0544.jpeg
    IMG_0544.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0543.jpeg
    IMG_0543.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 19
Hello, I have just installed 4 JBL GTO629 6.5 speakers to replace my stock Beetle speakers and also purchased a JBL SUBBP12AM for the trunk. I’m also considering the JBL Club tweeters.

I’ve ran the Boss wiring kit from the battery and I’m not sure what to do from here.

Also I have no idea if I need the 4way amp for the GTO speakers or not but I’m using an android radio head that has very little boost for sound.

Do I wire the sun by itself and reserve its amp for the 12”?

Where can I wire the smaller amp for the 6.5 GTO speakers, can I wire into the existing speaker wires to connect to the amp and then give it power, memory and ground? Or is there a way to piggyback off the sub?

Do the tweeters also need to be powered by the JBL studio amp?

What is the best way to utilize this setup?

Thank you in advance!
I would STOP what you are doing atm if you do not know the next steps. Save your gear..LOL. Do you have a friend or father or someone with a little knowledge of vehicle Electronics that can help you with steps provided? Make sure you dont have that power wire LIVE atm. Disconnect at the battery for the time being. Connection will be last!

I would STOP what you are doing atm if you do not know the next steps. Save your gear..LOL. Do you have a friend or father or someone with a little knowledge of vehicle Electronics that can help you with steps provided? Make sure you dont have that power wire LIVE atm. Disconnect at the battery for the time being. Connection will be last!
I’m asking for help because I don’t know the specifics on how to hook this system up properly, however can figure it out. I just figured I’d ask the professionals. I’m 44 my father is deceased. But perhaps I’ll give my mom a call. Lol

Need the Link/ Specs of the Android Radio/HU. What car or vehicle/Truck?

2000 VW Beetle.

I’m asking for help because I don’t know the specifics on how to hook this system up properly, however can figure it out. I just figured I’d ask the professionals. I’m 44 my father is deceased. But perhaps I’ll give my mom a call. Lol
Let me do a little more research on the HU. I dont see what Im looking for from this link. May be a bit, or in the morning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...