SOLD JBL Crown 6000GTi / a6000GTi amps ~ over 8k (8,000) watts at 4 ohms

Street DreamsCC
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NEW YORK
I have 2 JBL Crown 6000GTi amps from my SPL van. These are by far some of the best sounding and cleanest sounding amps I have ever had the pleasure of playing with. These are well worth every penny.

VERY RARE . You can be one of a kind in your area. Excellent amp for street classes and even daily.

from JBLs website these ratings are RMS

Output Power at 14.4V and ≤1% THD+N (CEA-2006):

2 x 2600W @ 4 ohms

1 x 8110W @ 4 ohms

1 x 7400W @ 1 ohm

S/N Ratio: 65dBA (1 Watt, 4 ohms)

Effective Damping Factor: 6.39 @ 4 ohms

Freq. Response: 10Hz ∼ 270Hz (-3dB)

Fuse: 600A internal (external 500A minimum)

Dimensions: 29.38" x 23" x 6.5" (74.6cm x 58.4cm x 16.5cm)

Weight: 88 lb. (40 kg.)

This mono amplifier has +/-165 Volt DC rails that power two 3 KW BCA (balanced current amplifier) half-bridges.

This allows three modes of operation:

1. Two high-voltage amps each driving 2-4 ohms with 160V+ peaks.

2. A single bridged output driving 2-4 ohms with 320V+ peaks.

3. A single paralleled output driving 1-2 Ohms with 160V+ peaks (patented).

6000-Watt Balanced-Current Subwoofer Amplifier With Current Servos.

Built-in variable electronic crossover with selectable slope rate.

Dynamic Bass Optimization (DBO) - This provides variable filtering with adjustable "Q" below 100Hz, far beyond conventional "Bass Q" circuits, by allowing the low-frequency output to be optimized for specific subwoofer applications. Frequencies below an enclosure's tuning frequency can be attenuated, preventing damage to the subwoofer and allowing the amplifier's power to be better utilized.

Variable phase control

Full-range preamp outputs - In the event that multiple amplifiers are used in an application, this feature allows for streamlined system hookup. No high-loss Y-adapters or splitters needed.

1 has casing $1500ea plus shipping and crates

1 without $1250ea plus shipping and crates

Pickup is always welcomed. All have been tested and were just used and puleed a 161.3dbs certified on a termlab on a 14v system.

I would Greatly appreciate picking up but shipping is possible. Located in Niagara Falls, NY so you could plan a minor vacation to here and grab this on your way.

IMG00018.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

Owners manual

http://www.jbl.com/resources/Brands/...%204-1-04).pdf

nice artice I just found

http://www.importtuner.com/promo/041...ier/index.html

new ampguts info link

http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/ga...?c=959&userid=

I cant find the articles about how they made these and stuff. All links are gone now.

More info:

http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/CAR/Pr...%20Release.pdf

DeLyon-Hunt & Associates

1444 Aviation Blvd., Suite 101

Redondo Beach, CA 90278

310-374-6893

amelia@delyon-hunt.com

DRAFT RELEASE

(With Images)

JBL AND CROWN UNVEIL WORLD’S MOST POWERFUL

CAR AUDIO AMPLIFIER

Companies Join Forces to Create New Patented Technology…and the Result Is an

Amplifier That Produces 6,000 Watts RMS/10,000 Watts Peak!

WOODBURY, NY (October xx, 2002) – JBL, designer and manufacturer of professional, home and car audio products that provide the impact of live-music performances, and Crown International, the world’s leading manufacturer of commercial and live-concert amplification, add a new chapter to car audio history with the introduction of the A6000GTi. Using patented technology created by the companies’ joint venture, the “JBL Powered by Crown” A6000GTi amplifier is capable of producing 10,000 watts of peak power and 6,000 watts RMS. The A6000GTi, which is a two-channel-subwoofer amplifier, offers the highest power output of any car audio amplifier available, combined with damping nearly 40 times higher and distortion significantly lower than that of conventional Class D subwoofer amplifiers.

“The day I first saw and heard a working sample of the A6000GTi, I felt like a kid who had woken up on his birthday to find a brand-new with a jet engine mounted between the back wheels,” exclaimed Andy Wehmeyer, Harman Consumer Group’s Mobile Systems Division Product Marketing Manager. “This amplifier frees system designers and installers from the burden of designing subwoofer systems for a specific impedance to extract all the power from amplifiers currently available. The A6000GTi is designed to deliver 6000 watts RMS into 4 ohms, 6000 watts RMS into 1 ohm and virtually any impedance in between.”

The A6000GTi makes use of patented technology that allows the amplifier to provide double the voltage of a single channel when the two channels are bridged, or double the current of a single channel when the two channels are connected to a load in parallel. “The practice of connecting a pair of amplifier channels in parallel to a single load is unprecedented in car audio,” added Wehmeyer. “This configuration means that no other car amp can compete – that’s how revolutionary this Crown technology is.”

In addition to the benchmark power-output specification of 6000 watts RMS and 10,000 watts peak, the A6000GTi boasts an industry-leading damping factor of >1000, more than an order of magnitude lower than many Class D subwoofer amplifiers currently available, and THD of .05% @ 4 ohms. The dramatically reduced distortion, compared to that of conventional Class D switching amplifiers, is the product of Crown’s proprietary and patented Balanced Current Amplification circuit (BCA), which also provides efficiency superior to that of Class D.

The A6000GTi will be on display at the upcoming International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas from January 9th – 12th, 2003. Suggested retail price is $6000.00.

The Harman Consumer Systems Group (HCSG) is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of a wide range of high-fidelity loudspeakers, audio and video components and multimedia systems for use in homes and automobiles, and with computers. The Group’s brands include JBL, Infinity, Harman Kardon, Mark Levinson, Madrigal Imaging, Revel, Proceed, Audioaccess and Lexicon.

HCSG is a division of Harman International Industries, Inc. Harman International (Harman International - Premium audio and entertainment for automotive, home, and professional. Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, microphones, home theater and personal audio.) is a leading manufacturer of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and video products for the consumer and professional markets. The company’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “HAR.”

-- JBL MOBILE SYSTEMS --

JBL

any interest in trades + cash? got an addictive audio 500.1 the fix amp. 22 of 50. underrated 5-6k @ 1 ohm amp.. .33 stable near mint condition. I was actually getting ready to list it on here lol.

Honestly, no I have no use for this stuff anymore.

any interest in trades + cash? got an addictive audio 500.1 the fix amp. 22 of 50. underrated 5-6k @ 1 ohm amp.. .33 stable near mint condition. I was actually getting ready to list it on here lol.

was worth a try, wanted one of those amps forever lol.. couldn't hurt :p good luck with sales man, if my amp sells i'll try to make a down payment on one of yours?

Well let me know and we can go from there.

was worth a try, wanted one of those amps forever lol.. couldn't hurt :p good luck with sales man, if my amp sells i'll try to make a down payment on one of yours?
ALSO***** I will be going to Cleveland, Ohio March 11/12th (friday night and saturday) So if you want one and its paid for ahead of time, you meet me there and I will bring it with me.

going to Cleveland Ohio on 3/11 so if you buy one now I can bring it with me and you can meet me there or someplace along the way like Erie, Pa

So you save on shipping and stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.