JBL 14001 amp with two 10" Rockford T1 10's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vecticus
10+ year member

Dubstepper
My cousin wants to sell me a JBL 14001 amp with two 10" Rockford T1 10's for $200. I currently have no sub amp or subs in my car. It has been sitting at the bottom of his closet for about two years. He says there is about 12 hours of play time if that on them because the subs were too deep to fit under his seat. Should I scoop this up? I checked out the sub's w/o hooking them up and they don't smell burnt and they feel really tight with no signs of damage. The amp doesn't smell burnt either. He's my cousin I know he wouldn't sell me bogus or damaged stuff. Scoop them up and use em or scoop it up to resell?

Yeah, I was just stressing the fact that it is a good deal by saying that the amp alone would be worth that much. 2 of almost anything can get low with the right box. It just entirely depends on the subwoofer parameters.

I've installed/heard a lot of RF and the Power series stuff isn't too bad. They are nothing to brag about but that setup is definately better than the "entry level" rockford/kicker/alpine stuff. What kind of enclosure does he have? Or are you going to build one?

Going to build one. I don't believe in throwing subs in just any box. These subs are the older model with the silver metallic like cone. So I'm not sure if the current model specs are the same as the old. Putting this in an 01 Impala facing the trunk. I guess I'll go ported.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.