JBL 1200.1 swap for Cadence z9000. Would You Do It?

LoneRanger
10+ year member

Old Yamahas Give Me Wood
A friend of mine is begging me to trade him my JBL 1200.1 for his Cadence z9000. They cost about the same online (between $250 and $275 everywhere I've looked). I've checked the specs of the Cadence, and it's not quite as powerful as my 1200.1, but I honestly don't need all the power the JBL puts out.

There are some things they don't tell you in the specs that someone who owns one might know. First, can you run it for any length of time at 2ohm mono? If so, is there any increase in power at 2ohms? Does it put out "cleaner" power than the 1200.1? What kind of amperage does this thing pull off your electrical system? All in all, would it be a wise descision to trade him? Both amps are in great shape and less than six months old.

I would prefer the cadence, I have had great experences with Cadence and everyone i have talked to that has used them really liked them also, great power and durability and clarity for the money, I say it is worth it

Originally posted by bigbassman I'm very partial to the z9000

at 2 ohm mono.. she'll do around 950 watts

at 1 ohm.. she'll do around 1200

Loyd L.
can you wire it that low on the z9000 because it would be bridged, can you go to a 1 ohm load in bridged mode on the cadence z9000?!!?!?

Originally posted by Daniel can you wire it that low on the z9000 because it would be bridged, can you go to a 1 ohm load in bridged mode on the cadence z9000?!!?!?

she'll run down to 1.4 ohm all the time.. without a problem.. below 1.4 ohm, its burp use only.. and she'll burp down to around .8 ohm

Loyd L.

id do the trade, if u dont wanna hook me up with the number casue I ll trade him my 1200.1 for the Z9000...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I met up with my friend "Slippy" today to make the swap. I even got as far as unscrewing both our amps, when I noticed that his Z9000 looked a bit smaller than ones I'd seen previously. So I turned it over and checked the serial number sticker only to find that it wasn't a z9000.....it was a z8000! So I didn't make the trade, however he offered to either throw in a pair of pioneer diamond 10's on the trade or to buy my 1200.1 for $300. SOLD! I'm gonna take the $300 and invest in a brand new z9000 ($270 + shipping).

I have also have an e15k 2ohm for trade or sale if anyone wants to make an offer.......I'm interested in getting an audiobahn 1206 flame sub or a 300w amp out of it if anyone is interested either leave me a msg here or email me at spawn571ko@yahoo.com

Originally posted by bigbassman she'll run down to 1.4 ohm all the time.. without a problem.. below 1.4 ohm, its burp use only.. and she'll burp down to around .8 ohm

Loyd L.
in bridged mode right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.