JBC - EX1000; Ever Heard of??

sparg93
10+ year member

NJ
I have a JBC EX-1000 amp; JBC literally stands for "Just Be Cool" (i'm not kidding).

Ever heard of this amp before? I searched on google and the only sites I found with this amp were in Japanese; it's New in Box and has been sitting in my house for ~6yrs.

I'm building my first system and was going to use this to power two subs. Is there a way I can test the amp to see if it still works and the "quality" of the signal?? (w/o hooking it up to $500 worth of subs)

Thanks!!

Also - I'm looking for the spec sheet on the amp...if you know where I can find it, please let me know.

Everything on the box is in English, so it's safe to say at one point it was distributed in the US.

get some garbage speakers off craiglist and test them see how they perform and if no one else had it that would raise a red flag with me but anyways good luck hope it works out

I know this is a few months old but I just happened to google jbc amps and ended up on this site. Back in the mid '90's a friend of mine had this amp it was not what it seemed. A large amp that looked very impressive. His failed less than a month after he got it so we took the bottom plate off of it to inspect. Once open we understood why it was so inexpensive. The board that filled it was less than ten inches long but the amp was more than double that in length. They had put steel plates inside it to give it the feel of a good quality heavy amp. Around here they were sold at a local mall store that specialized in cheap knockoffs and you get what you pay for on these. The name was ingenious JBC it easily played on young minds who knew just enough to get themselves in trouble. "Hey man I got a JBC amp", "No way I've heard of those you mean JBL or JVC?", "Nope JBC it's made by the same company they're awesome and expensive. I got mine cheap" , "Oh you got a killer deal." //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
great intel!!

i'm intrigued and now i need to take that thing apart.

I ended up getting a 1500w Kenwood Amp to power the subs...it just terrified me hooking up a Made in Korea amp from the '90s.

So - anybody want to buy my RARE JBC amp for $1000?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Much better choice with the Kenwood!! Maybe there's a car audio museum somewhere that's buying "rare vintage" equipment just waiting for the elusive JBC- EX1000. If you pop the bottom off you should take pictures. It was a definite eye opener for me. When I saw that I started researching what I was spending my money on.

Take Care,

Jason

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.