Ive got 2 issues....

Participant count
  • Participant list

m48xhp
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Exclusive
1. I wired my rear speakers from the amp to the HU wiring harness (not directly to the speaker). When I turn up the volume and the rear speakers are on (fader in the middle) the FRONT tweeters get a little crackle on beats. Why? What should I do to fix?

2. I am getting a pop from the amp when it turns OFF (not at all when it turns ON). The remote lead is wired to the remote wire on the HU harness, not the ACC wire. Why is it doing this? What do you recommend I do?

Thanks

1. Eliminate the stock wiring from the equation. Run new wire from the amp to the speakers.
i would, but its nearly impossible in my truck....or i guess i dont have a tool i can use to do it. i did that in the mustang and in the front of my truck. i think i might have switched the right and left, so im gunna check a few things tomorrow and see if that changes anything. the part that confuses me is that the front speakers are the ones crackling, not the rear.

ground for the turn on pop
thats what i suspected. i havnt had time or its been too **** cold for me to go work on the truck again. ill try to fix it all this week. i still dont get the other problem though. i dont know why its doing that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

m48xhp

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Exclusive
m48xhp
Deep in the Heart, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date