I've created a monster...

Unless someone brings up something else that blows my mind, I think I am going to go with an SSA Gcon. For the amp, keeping in mind I will probably only ever run one sub, would I be better off with a Crescendo Audio Symphony 600.1 @2ohms with a 4 ohm DVC or a Sundown Audio 600D @1ohm and the 2ohm DVC? The 600 D claims 740watts @1ohm and the 600.1 claims 670watts @2ohms. Not a lot of difference and I am wondering if one amp is better than the other or if there is a significant advantage of one setup over the other?

I Would do some more research about the sundown subs. Lots of great reviews all over the net, and honestly this thread was the first time I've read someone saying that sundown isn't a SQ sub. I know they are known for their spl stuff, but not all of their subs are pure spl. My SA-8s had great sq. I can't believe you could beat sundowns price and quality.

I Would do some more research about the sundown subs. Lots of great reviews all over the net, and honestly this thread was the first time I've read someone saying that sundown isn't a SQ sub. I know they are known for their spl stuff, but not all of their subs are pure spl. My SA-8s had great sq. I can't believe you could beat sundowns price and quality.
Yeah, this is where I wish I had a place I could listen to both and then decide, but when you live in a place like Omaha there just isn't that opportunity. I have to place value on looks more then I want to, because all I have is that and word of mouth from you guys. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Yeah, this is where I wish I had a place I could listen to both and then decide, but when you live in a place like Omaha there just isn't that opportunity. I have to place value on looks more then I want to, because all I have is that and word of mouth from you guys. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Yea I've never heard those subs that those guys are talking about, but I went with sundown after reading thread after thread of happy customers.

Never mind! My salesman just called me, he has a 10w6 that they accidentally scratched the bottom of the magnet on so they can't sell it as new even though it is. Getting it for $295 and he will swap the box I have the w1 in for a JL specs ported one for free! Excited I am getting the JL I wanted, although I admit I am a bit bummed I won't get to try one of the other brands everyone talks about. However the w6 is a known for me so its best. I will go with the Symphony 600.1 to pair with it.

Dayton HO is an excellent sub..not to mention that they have a 5 year warranty.That would be a great sub to use in this application..Just my 0.02 cents

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.