IVA-W200 with PTR7 Alpine Video Bypass

Yeah, did one about two months ago for my 205. Here is the instructions:
http://peripheralelectronics.com/periph_products/Instructions/PTR7INSTR%204-5-04.pdf

green wire connects to remote

blue wire to foot brake

white wire to parking brake

red wire to ignition wire

do not connnect anything else to the remote wire, and don't use the power antenna lead for the green wire.

Like I said, follow the directions, and there is only four wires to connect. It's already programmed out of the package to do the alpine bypass. If you need any more help, take it to a shop. Ruining a H/U because you don't want to spend money is foolish. A little money is worth having a unit that works like it should!!!
i printed that link off earlier tonight, but do i wire all of these wires to the harness on the w200, or the wires connected to the car. Also, is that green wire spliced into the remote or what? Connected to remote wire, then those two wires to the remote on the harness or what?

(This is wheeler8921) I was banned for zero apparent reason a few hours ago... absoutely absurd.

i printed that link off earlier tonight, but do i wire all of these wires to the harness on the w200, or the wires connected to the car. Also, is that green wire spliced into the remote or what? Connected to remote wire, then those two wires to the remote on the harness or what?(This is wheeler8921) I was banned for zero apparent reason a few hours ago... absoutely absurd.
The only one that will not be between the pac and alpine is the red. It will also connect to the car harness. The other three will go just between the pac and alpine harness.

If you can follow the directions, all these questions will disappear once you have it in front of you. It's really not that hard.

The only one that will not be between the pac and alpine is the red. It will also connect to the car harness. The other three will go just between the pac and alpine harness.
If you can follow the directions, all these questions will disappear once you have it in front of you. It's really not that hard.
cool, thx.

GOT THE ALPINE!

I installed it tonight and got the bypass working, but one thing... NO SOUND! Help me, how do i bypass my internal amp or fix this?

It may be necessary to pull it out and wire it in off of a power supply, and check all the speaker wires with a separate speaker on a test bench.

I think its the blue wire on the car harness wired to the remote wire on the alpine harness. Imma go try that and let u know what I find out. I dont have any mounting brackets or anything like that, so I'm phuk'd. I may take it in town and have them do it.

got sound got video got bass. but the phuckin unit wont fit in my opening flushly. Way too ghey.. Imma run it into Audiosource tomorrow, and see if they can do something about it. I paid too much to not have it done right.

wait what confuses me is all the grounding and stuff. and how do you find out which wires which in the car. do you know the colors of the car wires that the ptr7 has to connect to. Also it says to ground one wire to chasis and the other says to ground 2 times and wait 3 seconds. does that mean I have to ground 2 wires in 3 spots?

It's fairly straight forward ......

the ground 2 times etc ... is the PROGRAMMING part, once it's programmed you will only have one wire going to ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.