IVA-W200 with PTR7 Alpine Video Bypass

wheeler8921
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Raleigh, NC
Ok, so I just bought an IVA-W200. I was curious if anyone has had experience on installing a PTR7 Alpine Video Bypass Module to enable DVD's to run while driving. Any information on the installation of one of these would be greatly appreciated. Is it as simple as twisting wires together, or do I have to ground wires to chassi, etc?

the PTR-7 is the same thing as the TR-7. Idk what the P stands for, but this module allows you to do a lot of things electrically not just with the alpine bypass, but all i want is the alpine bypass. Has anyone installed one before?

yea i seen em. Looks sick can't wait for this person to get back to me. I hate buying sh!t on ebay and people taking forever to get back to you. You think they would be all up on that cchit, but i gess not... my biggest pet peeve..

Yeah, did one about two months ago for my 205. Here is the instructions:

http://peripheralelectronics.com/periph_products/Instructions/PTR7INSTR%204-5-04.pdf

green wire connects to remote

blue wire to foot brake

white wire to parking brake

red wire to ignition wire

do not connnect anything else to the remote wire, and don't use the power antenna lead for the green wire.

Like I said, follow the directions, and there is only four wires to connect. It's already programmed out of the package to do the alpine bypass. If you need any more help, take it to a shop. Ruining a H/U because you don't want to spend money is foolish. A little money is worth having a unit that works like it should!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.