Iv got an ORION HCCA 225 and would like to know the value...

Pagan

Sup everyone, I'm new here and am looking for some info about this ORION HCCA Amplifier. I bought it about 5 years ago kinda rigged, so i had to change the positive and negative wires coming out of the ORION HCCA 225. I currently have two 12in. Kenwood 1200W subwoofers in a parallel wiring setup to give it a smaller OHMs, causing it to give it a nice deeper sound //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif..... But my times of knowing so much about these ORIONs.. are kinda slim... Anyone mind telling me some more info about it? I know that the history of ORION first started with Rockford Fosgate as 4 members of this old school banger left to make their own amps (ART an ORION). I do believe that this Amplifier is an antique piece.... so hopefully i didnt bring down the value of it by replacing the wirings.... only two of them for the fact that i bought them corroded..

So.. with that said, anyone mind telling me some more about this "antique" and what you guys would think i should sell this puppy for?

Its so that I can bring it to an antique store with a lot of info so they don't try and rip me off.

Post a couple of pics of the said amp, Ive been around for a while, and they have made a few of the model since the Beast!Of the early90s..lets see what you have..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sup everyone, I'm new here and am looking for some info about this ORION HCCA Amplifier. I bought it about 5 years ago kinda rigged, so i had to change the positive and negative wires coming out of the ORION HCCA 225. I currently have two 12in. Kenwood 1200W subwoofers in a parallel wiring setup to give it a smaller OHMs, causing it to give it a nice deeper sound //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif..... But my times of knowing so much about these ORIONs.. are kinda slim... Anyone mind telling me some more info about it? I know that the history of ORION first started with Rockford Fosgate as 4 members of this old school banger left to make their own amps (ART an ORION). I do believe that this Amplifier is an antique piece.... so hopefully i didnt bring down the value of it by replacing the wirings.... only two of them for the fact that i bought them corroded..
So.. with that said, anyone mind telling me some more about this "antique" and what you guys would think i should sell this puppy for?

Its so that I can bring it to an antique store with a lot of info so they don't try and rip me off.
lulz

Those old red 225's were pretty strong. They retailed for 550$ or so back when they came out @ 1990. You'd be hard pressed to get much more than 150$ for it unles it was BNIB condition these days... power is cheap

Those old red 225's were pretty strong. They retailed for 550$ or so back when they came out @ 1990. You'd be hard pressed to get much more than 150$ for it unles it was BNIB condition these days... power is cheap
The last HCCA 225s I sold on eBay went from $125 each to $150 each. The one that went for $150 was close to mint. Also, mine were all Digital Reference models.

AllFour.jpg

Of course, as fate would have it, I found two more when I moved.

I had a hcca 250r in 2001 or 2002 and if my memory is correct when you bridged these amps you used the both the positives. Use positive on the left channel as the negative. Your amp was rated to do 600 watts @ 1 ohm. What else would you like to know?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Pagan

Pagan
Massachusetts
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Trippymane