Its been a while!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ecbmxer
10+ year member

So I haven't been into the car audio stuff for a while. I sold a 2005 Nissan Titan I had a while back with a nice audio setup. Now, I just bought a 2010 WRX and need to upgrade the system. I am trying to be minimally invasive here and not mount any subs/amps all over the floor, etc. Also I want to minimize alternator strain from a high-power setup. So anyway, here is my plan.

First off, does anybody have any insight on how the acoustics of a 3rd gen Subaru Impreza (WRX or not) would be with a quality front stage and some 6.5" subs in the rear doors? I believe it will be fine.

OK, on to my plans.

HU: Alpine CDA-9886 (plus this power-pack amp that boosts it to 40Wx4 RMS)

Comps: DLS RS6A (50W RMS => good) or R6A (eh, 80W RMS suggested, so maybe a bit underpowered, opinions?)

Rear Door "Subs": ED e3.6 woofers (or these JL 10W3v3 if they fit)

Now these ED subs would be running at the lower limit of power, but I figure they would still sound decent. The JL's would run OK at 40W RMS I believe also, but are way expensive compared to the ED's.

Anybody have experience with:

A: 6.5" subs in general, in more of a 'bass' app instead of a 'midbass' app

B: specifically the JL or ED sub

C: this Alpine power pack amp

Oh, and one more question. Is 40W RMS typically OK for stock speaker wire? I don't really know the gauge.

Thanks for any info!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.