issues with amp help needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

REDz28
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MI
ok so i installed my bb2400 today. powered up perfectly. i went to grab my 18" xcon wired it up and played some music but nothing happened. i checked my voltage at remote and power everything was fine, so i check my rca while playing some music loud and i see the voltage rise and lower based on certain notes, but when i go to check my speaker output terminals nothing no voltage or movement even on test tones. i thought it might have been my sub so i just wired my sub to where my LOC is spliced into the factory wiring. it works perfect. so somewhere in my amp between the rca and speaker terminals something has gone wrong. does anyone have any tips or solutions for me? id like to try and repair this or at-least get it diagnosed

Maybe you just have a bad amp. Do you have another amp you could hook up, just to check and see if it really is the amp that has the problem?

Rip it out, and start over..be best..reinstall,and take your time to make sure its done right,even if it takes 3 days to do it.

ive done that twice. that was my first instinct. i think one of the output transistors might be shorted. does this sound like a symptom?

but if the amp powers up and has good rca signal but not output would the issue be somewhere on the input side of the amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.