ISO: Double DIN nav unit, 4V+ preouts, no pioneer

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ehhh 2v preouts though.
I have 2V preouts with my Clarion and it's not an issue. You eliminated an entire brand that's been the #1 DDIN seller in the US, and Kenwood is out of stock. I can get Clarion NX404, but again it has 2V preouts.

I hate the way Pioneers sound. Ever since '09 or so when they dropped the Premier line, it seems like they've gone downhill. Actually, in the last five years or so, all manufacturers have really gone downhill. My Kenwoods had shoddy reliability, but excellent sound; Alpines are exorbitantly expensive for the features you get, but their sound quality is top notch in my opinion; Eclipse is defunct; Pioneers have become appallingly cheap in quality... I don't have any experience with Clarion units, so I can't speak on them, and the only JVC I owned was the trainwreck KD-S100.

Besides, the NX404 only has a 3 band eq, which isn't sufficient for my taste. Even the top dog NX604 only has a 6 band. I don't know how flexible their crossovers are, but for $500, I won't take my chances.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.