Is this site real or sell fakes?

yep. their prices are dealer prices on diamond. Thus the reason I say that diamond is whored out.

I have been approached by Diamond Audio distributors that wanted to have me carry their lines in our shop. We declined because the prices the gave me where the same or more than what was posted online. You can't have a brick and mortar shop like that.

Buy the diamond online if you like.

And thank you for killing the Brick and Mortar shops all over the nation.
lol

YouMad.jpg

yep. their prices are dealer prices on diamond. Thus the reason I say that diamond is whored out.

I have been approached by Diamond Audio distributors that wanted to have me carry their lines in our shop. We declined because the prices the gave me where the same or more than what was posted online. You can't have a brick and mortar shop like that.

Buy the diamond online if you like.

And thank you for killing the Brick and Mortar shops all over the nation.
I feel for your situation, but the sooner you/your shop realizes the internet is creating a paradigm shift in your field, the better off you and your shop will be. The internet isn't going away. Simply not carrying lines that are sold online will not keep a customer base. People will simply choose products that ARE found online.

The industry is even trying to fight this from the other end as well. But most brands with little success. Many brands are offering their discount prices via online sales, and even the ones that aren't have 'traitors' in their B&M network that drop ship unauthorized online sales thru ebay and others. The free market aspect of our society will keep this situation alive, even if it means decimating the local B&M networks. You wont stop it. The shops that will survive are the ones who realized this soon enough to change their business plan accordingly.

Take my advice or leave it, but if I was in your shoes, Id shift away from retail sales and move towards a service and labor oriented supplier. If someone comes in wanting you to install online-purchased products, instead of yelling them out the door and blaming them for ruining your business, take the job. And have him tell his friends to come in for install work on their online bought equipment too.

I.d buy your gear from Sonic Electronix if you have to buy online. I bought heaps from them and i'm in Australia. Good price and quick shipping. My local store has not done me many favours after the countless installs i did for them and they gopt rid of the installer (also) a friend of mine so i dont go there anymore.

As for "THE CANAAN", Bagging people that buy mainstream brands and calling the stores that sell them (be'it online or not) names for stocking these brands is pretty childish. My brother has a bike store here in Australia in a town with 9000 people and is moving more stock and making more dollars than the three shops 100kms away in a city with 160,000. How does he do this? Service..... He'll do whatever it takes to get a customer, won't EVER bag out another store and will go out of his way to make sure the customer is happy. He also has built up one of the lightest (known of) in Australia full size road bikes which gets him noticed and respected and makes people skip their local shops in Perth (200kms away) and go to him as he knows what he's talking about rather than just moving boxes. Can they buy cheaper online? YES. Do they, Not a hope in hell......

I think you need to get over the fact that the internet has less overheads and people are going to buy cheaper from them and need to focus more on "Why should people come to you" without using bullsh!t like "alpine are a mainstream brand so they're crap" to make them like you. If you can't see this then maybe you deserve to be shutdown.

Sorry to sound harsh, but your business is only as good as you make it......

I.d buy your gear from Sonic Electronix if you have to buy online. I bought heaps from them and i'm in Australia. Good price and quick shipping. My local store has not done me many favours after the countless installs i did for them and they gopt rid of the installer (also) a friend of mine so i dont go there anymore.
As for "THE CANAAN", Bagging people that buy mainstream brands and calling the stores that sell them (be'it online or not) names for stocking these brands is pretty childish. My brother has a bike store here in Australia in a town with 9000 people and is moving more stock and making more dollars than the three shops 100kms away in a city with 160,000. How does he do this? Service..... He'll do whatever it takes to get a customer, won't EVER bag out another store and will go out of his way to make sure the customer is happy. He also has built up one of the lightest (known of) in Australia full size road bikes which gets him noticed and respected and makes people skip their local shops in Perth (200kms away) and go to him as he knows what he's talking about rather than just moving boxes. Can they buy cheaper online? YES. Do they, Not a hope in hell......

I think you need to get over the fact that the internet has less overheads and people are going to buy cheaper from them and need to focus more on "Why should people come to you" without using bullsh!t like "alpine are a mainstream brand so they're crap" to make them like you. If you can't see this then maybe you deserve to be shutdown.

Sorry to sound harsh, but your business is only as good as you make it......

I understand perfectly. Service makes you business, and I agree 100%.

I just said what I did because I have been burned time and time again by mainstream brands (from a retail stand point).

Been offered territory protection, brought a line in and rebuilt its name in our area and it sold well. 2yrs later, they started supplying a shop down the road 7/10ths of a mile away. Also, every mainstream line I have carried can be found for sale online for UNDER my dealer cost.

So, I don't like to sell brands that do not offer dealer support. Its as simple as that.

I supply my customers w/ great service and prices, but when my brands can not supply me w/ equal service and prices I have no reason to carry them.

Also, I understand the reason for buying online...PRICE.

Hell, I'm sure if you could by a brand new 2011 Chevy Tahoe at less than dealer price online rather than going to a local dealership, GM dealerships would see the same trend that brick and mortar 12V shops are seeing.

But GM offers dealer protection.

I just said what I did because I have been burned time and time again by mainstream brands (from a retail stand point).

Been offered territory protection, brought a line in and rebuilt its name in our area and it sold well. 2yrs later, they started supplying a shop down the road 7/10ths of a mile away. Also, every mainstream line I have carried can be found for sale online for UNDER my dealer cost.

So, I don't like to sell brands that do not offer dealer support. Its as simple as that.

I supply my customers w/ great service and prices, but when my brands can not supply me w/ equal service and prices I have no reason to carry them.
Yeah thats fair enough then, I read your post a little differently at first but i see where your comin from.

Also, I understand the reason for buying online...PRICE.

Hell, I'm sure if you could by a brand new 2011 Chevy Tahoe at less than dealer price online rather than going to a local dealership, GM dealerships would see the same trend that brick and mortar 12V shops are seeing.

But GM offers dealer protection.
just wondering what brands you carry that are not found online?and how is your customer service when installing used or online gear not bought in your shop

Man...I will say this. If your local shops will not warranty products (that actually are legit warranty issues), you need to look at other shops.
The whored out mainstream brands have actually created the junk shops that you are talking about. Many shops are so used to swapping out crap product that they have started to offer horrible service in return.

It you find a quality shop that will offer quality service, you will be far more happy w/ your install and customer service.
u jelly?

just wondering what brands you carry that are not found online?and how is your customer service when installing used or online gear not bought in your shop
Mainly DD, ARC Audio and dB Drive.

Yes you can find ARC and dB online to some extent, but not ridiculously under dealer cost like some other brands.

For example. I used to carry MTX, my cost on the T5601 was ~$250 even when ordering $4K+ at a time. But, at that time you could get them on Ebay for $200. So after some other dealings w/ the brand, we dropped them...brought in DD and never looked back.

I do carry Pioneer for HU's, but that is out of necessity as there are no HU manu's that are not sold under dealer cost online.

Mainly DD, ARC Audio and dB Drive. Yes you can find ARC and dB online to some extent, but not ridiculously under dealer cost like some other brands.

For example. I used to carry MTX, my cost on the T5601 was ~$250 even when ordering $4K+ at a time. But, at that time you could get them on Ebay for $200. So after some other dealings w/ the brand, we dropped them...brought in DD and never looked back.

I do carry Pioneer for HU's, but that is out of necessity as there are no HU manu's that are not sold under dealer cost online.
how is the ebay seller getting the product cheaper than a authorized dealer?if they can do it cant you?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.