Is this normal

Participant count
  • Participant list

jdawg90
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
alberta
I've got a saz-1500d on 2 sa-8's wired to 1 ohm (1.4 actually). I have a stock electrical aside from big 3 and 1/0 power/dedicated ground, I never dip below mid 12's. There is a 60 amp fuse by the battery and it has never blown . What's up with that? 12 gauge speaker wire from the sub directly to the amp.

Is this normal? I never really gave it much thought, but I just plotted my box in bbpro and the impendance peaks at 11.75 at 29hz, dips down to 3.5 ohms at 35hz, before spiking up to 24 ohms at 55hz. Just about every ported box configuration I could come up with is similar.

Am I really only seeing

Well, your coil, acting as an inductor, will have varying impedances depending upon factors such as the frequency it's playing at. So, yes - sometimes you'll be getting the majority of your power while at other times your subs won't be seeing much at all. Is that the answer you're looking for, or are you asking a totally different question? I'm way too tired.

Your vehicle is only making so much power that the amp has available to it, and if you're dipping into the mid to low 12's then you are taking all you have to offer and then some from your reserve source (battery(s)) as vehicles charge around 14 volts - This and I've experienced some cheapo fuses before that would not blow well above there ratings so this is a possibility too - Check your output with a DMM and see what your amp is actually producing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Your vehicle is only making so much power that the amp has available to it, and if you're dipping into the mid to low 12's then you are taking all you have to offer and then some from your reserve source (battery(s)) as vehicles charge around 14 volts - This and I've experienced some cheapo fuses before that would not blow well above there ratings so this is a possibility too - Check your output with a DMM and see what your amp is actually producing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
mid 12's is the absolute lowest I get most of the time it stays in the 13's

Well, your coil, acting as an inductor, will have varying impedances depending upon factors such as the frequency it's playing at. So, yes - sometimes you'll be getting the majority of your power while at other times your subs won't be seeing much at all. Is that the answer you're looking for, or are you asking a totally different question? I'm way too tired.
I mean I know impendence fluctuates, but graphed in bbpro the lowest it gets is 3.5ohm at 35hz going up as you move below or above that. That paired with me never blowing a fuse makes me think I have some crazy impendance rise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jdawg90

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
jdawg90
alberta
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date