Is this amp stable at 3 ohms?

You don't want to connect two speakers of differen impedance levels. They will not receive the same power, and I would assume they are both different brands and models so they will not perform the same.

Bad idea.

Why don't you start with what kind of vehicle you have, and what your overall goal of your substage is. How much cash do you want to spend, and what kind of room are you willing to part with in your trunk/hatch area?

Do you already have this amp in hand? If not then you might want to think of other options.

He could have a dual 2 and a dual 4 version of the same subwoofer (cough, cough JL Audio's w3v2 line). Even so, the subs from the same line with different impedance coils still have slightly different T/S parameters!

Regardless, I wouldn't mix ohm loads even though the final load should work out. The OP would be better off looking for another 8 ohm subwoofer and paralleling them to arrive at a 4 ohm nominal load.

Yes i have a offer for brand new 15'' MB quart RWE 354 and 342.. Its the same woofer,but impendance is diffrent! One is 2x4 ohms and the other is 2x2 ohms..

I can buy only one,but i dont know will it satisfy my need's!? I want my sub to be able to perform very lound on those hip hop deep bass,but also to be very fast and acurate on trance and house beats!

I drive a Opel Astra G,3door hatchback.. Pretty small car.. And about the trunk i dont really care.. I can sacrifise a lot..

I already bought this amp,now i am in a search for subwoofers.. 15'' is the minimum.. 15'' or 18'' but the problem about those 18'' subs is that they all work on 8 ohms! At least the powerfull ones,with sesibilaty over 97 DB

Ok.. So this is no longer and option..

What do u think about the signle MB Quart 15''? I think it works on 700 rms,90 db.. And this amp can provide at least 850(i was told that) maybe even 900wrms

Yes.. I think thats the best idea to.. Have u heard those subs? Will they run ok?

850 wrms amp

Hatchback car (relatively small)

Favorite music RnB,Hip Hop,House,Trance..

Sub freq goes 16-300HZ 90DB

the speaker with the lowest resistance will get more power so they will be moving different from each other

very very correct I tried to run 3 rd 15's on 4 3250's all subs were .7's lol it worked to a point and then clipped hard. The center sub wich i was splitting coils to the pairs of strapped amps was pushing had being it was at .7 where the 2 outer 15's were at 1.4. I tried it it didnt work lol.

save some cash and recone my friend

I already bought this amp,now i am in a search for subwoofers.. 15'' is the minimum.. 15'' or 18'' but the problem about those 18'' subs is that they all work on 8 ohms! At least the powerfull ones,with sesibilaty over 97 DB
You have quite a few misconceptions here.

Sensitivity is not a large factor. The manners in which companies measure the sensitivities are different, so they get different results. Typically, a lower sensitivity is better for a louder low end.

Also.. You can get different variations. A dual 2 ohm can be wired to 4 ohms or 1 ohm, a dual 4 can be wired to either 2 or 8 ohms.

Do you have enough room for an 18"? They have a certain space requirement to play correctly.

How large space requirment? Is 140 L enough?

I did know about the dual voice coil's.. I want to play my sub on 4 ohms.

Is there any diffrence in sound quality between 2x2 ohms sub and a single 4 ohm ?

OK everybodu now forget anerything i wrote until now..

I have a new question.. Is this amp MB Quart RAA2400 stable @2 ohm briged?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.