is this amp good?

Participant count
  • Participant list

z28rookie
10+ year member

canada
i need a 2-channel amp for some diamond hex series comps. I asked in another section of this forum but i figured it would be more appropriate to ask in the amp section //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif If anyone know anything better that is 2 channel and is a bit cheaper please tell me.

eclipse 33240 2 Ch. 2x130 @ 4 ohms Premium Amplifier

or this one

Autotek SS400.2 400watt 2 Channel Amplifier

150$ but its the ss series is that good. They had a higher one for way more money.

The guy on the phone said that the eclipse would be way better for those components (diamond hex). Said that the autotec dont sound too good. The eclipse is just a bit more.

autotek makes good cheaper money wise amps. compared to that eclipse the eclipse is a lil bit better in my opinion but, the not worth the difference in the price of the 2. get the autotek and be happy.

adam

The eclipse is a clearer more clean signal, BUT the autotek is more durable and it does NOT sound bad at all...plus you can use the Autotek as a sufficient sub amp if you decide to upgrade...it is a decision you will have to make...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.