is this a bad combination...

Participant count
  • Participant list

dvrmstrng
5,000+ posts

DE
well right now i have what youd call i guess an amateur SQ front stage...7" mids, some tweets running active and a nice head unit....my problem is my two ID8's in my side panel sub box isnt cutting it bass output wise....right now i have 600 watts @ 1 ohm to work with...

i was wondering if going with a SPL type woofer in the trunk off of the 600 watts would ruin the point of my "SQ-ish" front stage....

i thought about it...i just hope that something off of 600 watts that is in the trunk and theres a gas tank in between will get loud enough

The trunk is pretty tricky in the GTOs.

I am building a SQ GTO right now and am doing 2 12" subs in the rear seat area run off of 1500w each. We can always turn them down if we want to balance it out better. But we were going to put the subs in the trunk, we even cut out the entire rear deck area to vent it but found it still didnt perform the way that we wanted.

The trunk is pretty tricky in the GTOs.
I am building a SQ GTO right now and am doing 2 12" subs in the rear seat area run off of 1500w each. We can always turn them down if we want to balance it out better. But we were going to put the subs in the trunk, we even cut out the entire rear deck area to vent it but found it still didnt perform the way that we wanted.

thats exactly what i dont want....and no i didnt glass them its an MDF box but the two 8's arent cutting it...i just wish i could get a SI BM

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.