Is there anything wrong with this idea (bracing)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Louisiana
Ok before I go and **** up my box I'm gonna ask y'all first. I wanna brace my box and I've done the wooden dowel rod thing with glue but for whatever reason the face of the box still flexes at max volume. The brace did help a whole lot, like it would flex at less than 3/4 and now it doesn't flex until max volume, but I want something stronger and more reliable than glue.

I'm thinking of putting 3/4 threaded rod through the face and through each side. My only concern is how much air space will this take up and will all these rods cause unloading problems or air travel problems. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.