is there anything i can do???

fv04as
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i drive a 2000 durango and when i turn my bass up my rear view mirror rattles to **** and makes the bass sound like ****. When i hold it down it stops and sounds pretty good. Anyway what can i do to make the rattle stop. All i have right now is two punch z whats gonnu happen when i get my 15 xxx??????THanks

Originally posted by fv04as i drive a 2000 durango and when i turn my bass up my rear view mirror rattles to **** and makes the bass sound like ****. When i hold it down it stops and sounds pretty good. Anyway what can i do to make the rattle stop. All i have right now is two punch z whats gonnu happen when i get my 15 xxx??????THanks
Well, I don't think there is much you can do. Even if the mirror is secure on the glass, the glass is still gonna rattle, causing the mirror to do the same. Maybe some sound deadener might work, it might kill the vibrations, probably cut down on the mirror rattling.

alright ill look at it again tomorrow and see what i can come up with. Thats what i love about this forum, where else can you post at 1 in the morning at get replies...Thanks fellas!!

Sound deadener wont do all that much.....it stops rattling when you grab it because you're applying force to it and making the connections much more secure....sound deadener will just weigh it down....it might cut down on the rattlings, but not all that much....your best bet is to to put some more screws in if you can or attempt to make the connections stronger.

i would try a new mirror, maybe there is a broken part inside the mirror because from what your saying the mirror is actually making sound i cant think of how that could happen so its tough to say how to solve it. if money isnt a problem for you, you can look into replacing the mirrir with a video screen and doing a rearview camera setup.

fuk it just ripp the mirror off...who needs a rear view....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif i probably wouldnt do that..but my mirror rattled and when i got a bigger system the mirror still rattles but when my system is on you can barely hear it...you can take it off of the window and re apply it with some bad ass window glue...

D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.