is there any trouble if mount my sub closeness to the port?

zen
10+ year member

Ca
im building a subwoofer box (already finish, just to make hole mounting) for k9 db drive

but wan to know if there is any problem like port noise, soundwaves or something like that, if it is 3 inch next to the port

im building a subwoofer box (already finish, just to make hole mounting) for k9 db drivebut wan to know if there is any problem like port noise, soundwaves or something like that, if it is 3 inch next to the port
Post a picture of what you mean

here they are... cause the box will be in a suv of a friend of mine, and he carries with some tools and stuff, just to have less area to care of.. and we were thinking of that.. port noise.. o sound waves.. not recomended cause... something

here are a few pics of enclosure finish (and steps behind) forgot to take one with the sub mounted

2.3cu/ft tuned to 38-40 with flare at the start of port

its like kerf port, but not as it is

but yes i have listened less port noise than just start port without it, and 45 corners yes they help a lot(than 90 degrees), more sq and spl

and about have to be outside, yes but in both sides help somehow (more work and difficult, for me at least, to do it). thats why pvc ports have flare in both sides

Should be NO port noise whether you do a kerf or not if the port is the proper size....
i mean that :p

i have heard more accurate bass with 45 corners and kerf where port starts, less turbulence on air flow (last one just about what i have read in some forums)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.