Is the SAX 100.2 considered a "warm " amp?

Sound, unlike the sound of ,say a PDX,nice amp ,but doesn't have the sound of an Audison. I guess I should have said warm sounding.

you can not go wrong with any of the Sundown products. I personally would not pick audison over sundown. I would be very suprised if you could hear any difference at all.

The PDX amps are Class D lol... full range class D... can never sound as good as an AB amp IMHO, but everyone has an opinion and I am sure plenty would argue that with me, I will ignore it thank you.

SAX-100.2 = standard Class AB design and a lot more than 100 watts x 2....

Only ways to get a "warm" sound are with high even order distortion, poor frequency response (exaggerated low end, roll off on the top end or both) or single digit damping factor. All other than the last are not what I would consider high fidelity. The last is just a matter of preference.

The Sundowns do not have distortion in the realm of audibility. The frequency response is flat all the way through the audible range. Damping is more than adequate.

Yeah, I think for the most part, "warm" sound = "fuzzy sound". So you would need distortion present. Like in a tube amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.