100 watt RMS speakers powered by 125 watt RMS AMP?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BMDUBS

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
This may be a dumb newbie question so apologies in advance, just looking for opinions:

I have a chance to pick up an Audio Control LC-4.800 amp on FB marketplace for about $400.00 and it's rated at 125 Watts RMS x4 at 4 ohms.

My speakers are Pioneer 3.5" coax rated at 100 watts RMS 400 watts peak also 4 ohms. Question is if I pair this amp with my small speakers and run it with the gain right down, am I just going to blow these speakers or will they handle the power this amp puts out at low gain?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Set the voltage to 20 volts via DMM and it will equal out to around 100 watts. https://www.the12volt.com/ohm/ohms-law-calculators.asp#voltage
Product Brand & Model: I have a Mosconi D2 100.4 DSP amplifier and Controller for sale. It's 4 channel amplifier with a built in DSP. Condition...
Here's a longshot. I'm trying to find a second set of these tweeter mounts. They are flush mounted, and fit my tweeters better than the mounts...
I loved US amp back in the day. worth the investment
He wants to strap the amps to double the output to one sub. Some amps allow you to "couple" them. This allows you to wire up the one sub powered...

About this thread

BMDUBS

CarAudio.com Newbie
BMDUBS
Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from