Is the Eclipse CD5000 any good?

grampi
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Cheyenne
My Alpine CDA-7892 is on the fritz again and I'm sick of getting it fixed. I keep it only because it has time correction, which is a feature I like. I've noticed the CD5000 has this feature and I've heard the SQ of the Eclipse units is better than that of the Alpines. Is this true? Is there any reason I shouldn't consider this unit. I still haven't been able to find out if this unit will fit in my '99 Corolla though.

WAIT

wait till the CD5100 comes out in april. it has the same featurs as the curant 5000 BUT a redsigned detachable face plate, that looks similar to the CD7000! and a few more godies as far as EQ and such

i got it.. i like it. i dont need a detach face plate though.

i had a detach face plate before this eclipse and i hated dealin with puttin the faceplate on and off.. and placing it somewhere/hiding it.

ymmv...

I personally don't use detachable faceplates, so that isn't an issue for me. My top priorites are as follows:

Superb SQ

8v preamps

EQ and time correction

and how can I find out whether or not it'll fit in my Corolla?

anyone know if the full specs on the 7100 have been released? *drools*

edit: son of a *****, they went back to 8v preouts on the 7 and a usb input //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif though it doesn't say if it will read mp3's or if we're still stuck with fvcking ATRAC3 support only :/

I personally don't use detachable faceplates, so that isn't an issue for me. My top priorites are as follows:
Superb SQ

8v preamps

EQ and time correction

and how can I find out whether or not it'll fit in my Corolla?
The CD5100 is a 5V & I donot think it has Time Alinment

Here is the link..

>>Eclipse CD5100

On The Other Hand You Got The CD7100

It Has

11 band / 7 band Parametric EQ

Time Alignment

Speaker layout changeable

And It Has The 8V Out That You So desyer

Here Is The Info On That HU

>>Eclipse CD7100

The CD7000 gose for $450 on eBay + Shipping Not Sure If Its 8V But I Think It IS..

>>Eclipse On Ebay

The 5000 has more than enough features for me, and it looks like I can get it for just a little over $200 on ebay. I don't see any reason for me to spend any more money for any of the other models unless they have better SQ, which I highly doubt.

The time alignment controls on the CD5000 are very limited, basically you get the preset values that Eclipse programmed it with. If that is of importance to you, I woul look to either the CD7000, or the CD7001. These units will give you the ability to control the TA on each individual speaker.

First of all the 5100 and 7100 are hideous. Second of all it looks like Alpine isn't the only mfg cutting features. I can't believe Eclipse would put a NON adjustable time alignment feature on ANY deck. Worthless.

I believe that ever since Eclipse started using TA on their HU's, only the top unit had the adjustable version, the lower units had the preset versions. So this is not something that they took away....just was never there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.