Is spending double the money REALLY worth it? Q2200 vs PPI 1800

Depends on how you plan to use the system. If you're interested in something that can handle a lot of full tilt play on bass heavy media I would say yes, it is very much worth it. However, if you're just a casual listener then probably not.

BK1800.1D is discontinued, which is why it's so cheap now. That's not a typical price for a good 1,800W amp.
it came out two years ago and now it's discontinued. wow....can't keep a product on the shelf for more than two years?

what kind of business model are they following? Oh I forgot lol, silly me, they are the same as power acoustik.

the only problem with the BK1800.1 is the fact that it is discontinued so as far as warranty work, you're pretty up in the air.

It does slightly over rated but at a slightly dirtier signal compared to the AQ2200, but it really isn't that bad.

If you can find one for the cheap, I'd jump on it. The AQ/SQ 2200 is proven to have been durable though.

I had a BK 1300.1, switched to a CT Sounds 900.1, and then an AQ 1200 and the AQ outperformed both, in terms of efficiency, and "ear-o-meter" it sounded louder.

It isn't a bad budget amp though. Surely one of the best, if not THE best. Would take one over a Hifonics any day of the week

it came out two years ago and now it's discontinued. wow....can't keep a product on the shelf for more than two years?
what kind of business model are they following? Oh I forgot lol' date=' silly me, they are the same as power acoustik.[/quote']

Nice. There are new Black Ice models coming soon.

[quote name='shauncox26']its a black ice amp read the title. it looks to be a a/b class amp to. o well if it makes that 2300 at 1 i want one. @trumpet ; anything to say about this ppi ba.7000.1[/QUOTE]

I know it's a black ice amp... but it's not the same as the bk... yeah, if it makes 2300 for that price... it's still a hell of a deal.

[quote name='shauncox26']its a black ice amp read the title. it looks to be a a/b class amp to. o well if it makes that 2300 at 1 i want one. @trumpet ; anything to say about this ppi ba.7000.1[/QUOTE]

The Black Ice "BA" models are supposed to have an aluminum cover now, as they originally were designed to have, instead of acrylic covers. The new models aren't out yet. Check the web site for specs:
Black Ice - Amplifiers - Products

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.