is running an eq to a mono amp dumb?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gabasshead
10+ year member

been lookin at eqs like clarion eqs746 or a similar one by soundstream but all videos have them being hooked up to 4 ch amps and stuff so i have a mono amp pushing subs but wouldnt the eq boost my door speakers a tad in volume and clarity if i just hooked the eq up to the head unit and my mono amp?

There is no internal amp in that EQ. Or any new school EQ's for that matter. So, if I am understanding your situation, it's not going to affect your door speakers at all if you have them running on head unit power.

I don't see anything but RCA's on the Clarion 746. With the HU out to the EQ, how are you going to convert it back to high voltage for your door speakers without an amp? You could ramp up the lower frequencies to the sub. Using an EQ to increase overall volume is a bad idea. You are just stretching the stock signal into a less detailed signal which can cause clipping. It is basicly the same as turning up the "bass boost" up on your amp to make you sub louder.

62027501_o.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.