Is My SFB3K Toast?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bobbytwonames
5,000+ posts

Trigger Man!
Vegas
I drove to the store with my volume real low. When I came out and started my truck, I got these lights flashing on my bass knob and amp. I attached a video of what it's doing. Is it toast? I'll try a Smart3 next if it is.

Attachments

• 20210526_110640.mp4
    9.1 MB
And that's why we buy from Sundown dealers who give you no hassle 2 year warranty. I certainly hope people expected some QC issues and relatively high failure rate with these. I certainly did and have not been disappointed.

And that's why we buy from Sundown dealers who give you no hassle 2 year warranty. I certainly hope people expected some QC issues and relatively high failure rate with these. I certainly did and have not been disappointed.

I already have a new amp. I went down to Down 4 Sound and met JP for the first time. He actually gave me full credit for my 4 month old SFB and let me pay the difference to get the SIA3500 ($30)(no autograph). That's pretty good customer service.

20210526_151340.jpg
20210526_140727.jpg

I haven't bought anything from Wolfram.
Sadly I don't think they're the only ones who have pulled a vanishing act, but that statement wasn't for your benefit. When I posted about the SFBs a couple guys jumped in the thread saying something to the effect of why pay more for Sundown when you can get "the same" thing from whomever else.

That said, I'd trust Soundqubed to make good on warranty claims on theirs but the process would likely not be anywhere near as dealing with a brick and mortar Sundown dealer and their price is really close to Sundown anyway.

Sadly I don't think they're the only ones who have pulled a vanishing act, but that statement wasn't for your benefit. When I posted about the SFBs a couple guys jumped in the thread saying something to the effect of why pay more for Sundown when you can get "the same" thing from whomever else.

That said, I'd trust Soundqubed to make good on warranty claims on theirs but the process would likely not be anywhere near as dealing with a brick and mortar Sundown dealer and their price is really close to Sundown anyway.

Down4Sound isn't a brick and mortar Sundown dealer. I got lucky because JP was there when I went to talk to my friend who works there. I told JP what happened and he just told me to bring it back and exchange it. Otherwise, I would've had to mail my amp to Sundown on my dime and hope that they didn't try to blame it on me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Bobbytwonames

5,000+ posts
Trigger Man!
Bobbytwonames
Vegas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies